Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Is this normal? Fear of MAGA hat on child?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:09 am
One of my children dressed up as Trump for Purim - and now we have a "Make America Great Again" Red hat that fits my kids great.
One of my children wanted to wear it on a camp trip today to an amusement park and I didn't let because I was afraid of reactions.
Is this normal in America that we should be afraid for children to wear articles of clothing with wording?
Would you let your child wear such a hat?
I'm wondering if this is the new normal.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:23 am
It's totally not normal and very scary that this is what's happened to our country. I would be afraid to let dc wear the hat, too.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:25 am
I would not dress a child in anything with a political slogan. I doubt anything bad would happen to the child, but it's just not appropriate.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:29 am
Using children to campaign (which is what wearing that looks like) would irritate me. Being the reasonable person that I am, this would be transparent to your child.

Trump infuriates people because he is infuriating.

If the president can act the way he does on social media (and his campaigns) - ridiculing people - why expect anyone to rise above. He’s the dugma.

Sadie

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:31 am
If you wouldn’t send him to the park wearing a KKK hood, don’t send him with a MAGA hat.

ohmygosh

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:32 am
Sadie wrote:
If you wouldn’t send him to the park wearing a KKK hood, don’t send him with a MAGA hat.

That is a ridiculous and inappropriate comparison. Wow. Just wow.

amother
White

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:33 am
I would also be too concerned about possible reactions to allow it. It is unfortunate, but people get so crazy about anything political, better play it safe. I wouldn't put a political bumper sticker on my car either. No matter which side of the political line you fall, you're bound to encounter someone rabidly against that platform, and that can translate to some seriously unpleasant situations.

Sadie

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:33 am
ohmygosh wrote:

History will be the judge.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:35 am
Sadie wrote:

Give Sadie an A for honesty..

Freedom of Speech only exists for liberals...

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:36 am
ohmygosh wrote:

No - it’s representative of the fact that both of those visuals stir up a lot of anger in people.

anon for this

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:39 am
naturalmom5 wrote:

Whose freedom of speech is being violated here?

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:40 am
amother wrote:
No - it’s representative of the fact that both of those visuals stir up a lot of anger in people.

Oy vey- Trump is comparable to the kkk since they both stir up alot of anger? Is my daughters counselor this summer comparable to the kkk? Many of the parents are very unhappy and even angry with her.

Sadie

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:41 am
naturalmom5 wrote:

No one said it should be illegal, just expect people not to like it.

Where were the free speech conservatives when the entire right was trying to get Sam Bee fired? Meanwhile the San Bernardino DA calls Maxine Waters a ghetto c*nt who should be shot and crickets from Fox News. That’s the type of person a MAGA hat represents and that’s why you shouldn’t put one on your kid.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:41 am
Wow, unbelievable, there are some adult Jewish women on here rationalizing why it would be ok to attack a small child wearing a red hat they don't like. I think you got your answer, don't let him wear it, it's dangerous.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:44 am
amother wrote:
One of my children dressed up as Trump for Purim - and now we have a "Make America Great Again" Red hat that fits my kids great.
One of my children wanted to wear it on a camp trip today to an amusement park and I didn't let because I was afraid of reactions.
Is this normal in America that we should be afraid for children to wear articles of clothing with wording?
Would you let your child wear such a hat?
I'm wondering if this is the new normal.
[u]

Let's put your question "is it normal in America" into some context. 99% of people, including those that are anti Trump, will not harass or say a word to a person wearing Trump paraphernalia. It's the crazy psycho 1% that we need to be concerned with. This problem exists in any country. We are fortunate enough to live in a great free country. We have to concede that sometimes even though we are allowed to express something, it's just not worth the potential issues that may come up.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:47 am
anon for this wrote:
Whose freedom of speech is being violated here?

Someone who wants to say that they support or approve of the US president.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:49 am
amother wrote:
Oy vey- Trump is comparable to the kkk since they both stir up alot of anger? Is my daughters counselor this summer comparable to the kkk? Many of the parents are very unhappy and even angry with her.

No one compared them. Putting two things together in a sentence does not equal a comparison.

If people are as angry with your daughters counselor as they are with KKK members - she probably shouldn’t be working at the camp. Parents can be horrid.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:50 am
amother wrote:
Wow, unbelievable, there are some adult Jewish women on here rationalizing why it would be ok to attack a small child wearing a red hat they don't like. I think you got your answer, don't let him wear it, it's dangerous.

Nope. No one condoned violence.

anon for this

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:51 am
amother wrote:

I read the thread, and I didn't see anyone rationalizing attacking a child for wearing a MAGA hat (or even a KKK hood). Several posters noted that they consider MAGA hats divisive or offensive, but nobody said it was acceptable to attack someone for wearing one.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:53 am
amother wrote:
Someone who wants to say that they support or approve of the US president.

It’s a campaign slogan. It’s not about the sitting president.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics