Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
HELP PLEASE- Spider beetles in bedroom and closets
1  2  Next

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 11:44 pm
I think that's what their called (little tiny but round body, brown with 6 legs), I keep finding them on linen- only in one of the bedrooms and I also found one once in the bathroom. Where are they coming from? Baruch Hashem they're not in the kitchen, but I don't know what to do about them. It only started recently and we haven't changed anything in that room in years except for the linen we recently changed in all the rooms. Could they be coming through the window screen? Could it be hiding in the carpet somewhere? But we installed the carpet years ago, so why would they come out now? Has anyone ever dealt with these? We don't eat in the bedrooms. I'm not 100% sure they're spider beetles because some of the pictures online look a little different, but they're the closest from the pictures I googled.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 3:28 am
They might be bedbugs. Google and see if you have a match.

Sorry you're dealing with this.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 9:55 am
I find that they come through the window screen as they fly. I believe they can be harmful to fabric as they feed off of it. They also feed off of dust, so make sure you thoroughly vacuum under the beds and dressers every week.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 12:17 pm
They may be carpet beetles which make holes in clothing and linens. They are hard to get rid of similar to bed bugs. They start out as little worms and turn into beetles.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 1:02 pm
I found a ton of spider beetles- dead- in my bedroom closet. Next to a combat roach square. Definitely spider beetles. We had a mouse problem recently and as they feed off rodent droppings, it may be because of that.

At least they're not in the food.

Bleh, but if we're going to choose, I'd take spider beetles over bed bugs, mice, roaches, pinworms, lice... (Anyone grossed out yet?)

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 1:14 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
They might be bedbugs. Google and see if you have a match.

Sorry you're dealing with this.

It's not bedbugs because no bites. and they look different in the pictures online.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 1:15 pm
amother wrote:
I find that they come through the window screen as they fly. I believe they can be harmful to fabric as they feed off of it. They also feed off of dust, so make sure you thoroughly vacuum under the beds and dressers every week.

I've never seen them fly. But I was wondering if they're coming through the screens from outside. There are a lot of things stored under the bed so that part doesn't get vacuumed often, only the other parts of the room.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 1:16 pm
amother wrote:
They may be carpet beetles which make holes in clothing and linens. They are hard to get rid of similar to bed bugs. They start out as little worms and turn into beetles.
I looked online for pictures of carpet beetles, doesn't look like it. They're not speckled.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 1:19 pm
amother wrote:
I found a ton of spider beetles- dead- in my bedroom closet. Next to a combat roach square. Definitely spider beetles. We had a mouse problem recently and as they feed off rodent droppings, it may be because of that.

At least they're not in the food.

Bleh, but if we're going to choose, I'd take spider beetles over bed bugs, mice, roaches, pinworms, lice... (Anyone grossed out yet?)

No mouse problem thankfully. Although in the basement we did have some rats, they should be dead by now, and I haven't seen the bugs in the basement. It's better than other things, but it's very bothersome and I want to get rid of it.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 9:01 pm
bump

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 8:30 pm
After deep cleaning a few days ago, I thought it would all be gone, but I found another one. What should I do?

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 9:06 pm
Did you vacuum out the beds, boxsprings etc?

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 9:12 pm
amother wrote:
Did you vacuum out the beds, boxsprings etc?

It's on a high riser bed, so it doesn't have box springs, but I'll try vaccuming the beds.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 9:14 pm
Could it be coming from the radiator?

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 6:05 pm
Keep finding more, could make you meshugeh. Can't be the only one who ever had this problem?

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 12:32 am
If anyone has successfully gotten rid of them from bedrooms, PLEASE tell me how? Do exterminators get rid of these?
I found more in the dresser among the clothing; I can't. do. this. anymore. Please help with solutions. I cleaned and vacuumed thoroughly, sprayed bug spray, but they're still around.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 8:34 am
Op- not everyone gets bitten from bedbugs, and not everybody feels the bites.
Please GOOGLE FOR INFO and also CALL AN EXTERMINATOR IMMEDIATELY.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 7:37 pm
amother wrote:
Op- not everyone gets bitten from bedbugs, and not everybody feels the bites.
Please GOOGLE FOR INFO and also CALL AN EXTERMINATOR IMMEDIATELY.

It's not bed bugs, I checked online multiple times to make sure. It looks like a smooth spider beetle. but it's so annoying. can't deal with

busybee98

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:15 pm
I think I have the same thing waiting for answers...

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 9:06 pm
Spider beetles are very hard to get rid of.. had them in my old apartment most exterminators don't know how to deal with them. First of all go through all your stuff, whatever can go in the machine was and dry in hot water that's what kills them. Vacuum all corners of ur closets, shelves and throw out the bag right after. The worms hid in dark, warm places. They can be in the Corner of a container, in the Hem of a skirt. They come from boxes, throw out all carboard boxes in ur house because they live in them.. I can go on and on was a nightmare when I had them. If your interested in using the exterminator that I used in Brooklyn let me know.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics