Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Wig grip and wig keeps slipping back

flmommy

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 12:38 am
What am I doing wrong? I confirmed I am wearing wig grip velvet wig band the correct direction and it is the correct size (I have a small head and I bought one that comes in small) and I will look in the mirror and be shocked to see my wig has slipped back. When I take wig off band is further back them when I started. Wig is not super heavy... I don’t want to use combs as I am getting a bald spot in the front that is making me crazy. Any suggestions?

fortunate123

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 2:23 am
I have the same problem. My sheitel Macher who is a close friend was completely surprised to hear this so apparently it’s pretty rare. She advised me to start wearing the wig band a little looser since it’s the tightness against the angle of a narrow head that is making it ride up. That has helped me a bit but it’s still an issue. I have found the best thing to keep my wig in place is to have wet hair when putting it on.

yOungM0mmy

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 7:09 am
Are you wearing it in the right direction? One of mine has one side slippery and one not, if I put it on the wrong way my sheitel slides back but the other way it doesn't budge.

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 7:19 am
yOungM0mmy wrote:
Are you wearing it in the right direction? One of mine has one side slippery and one not, if I put it on the wrong way my sheitel slides back but the other way it doesn't budge.

I think they are all like that. Which brand are you using?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 7:34 am
Is your wig too big?

Some people have the velvet sewn right into their wig cap.

teachkids

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 7:54 am
Try turning your wig grip around and experimenting. I have 1 that I need to wear "Backwards" to work.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 12:45 pm
Definitely play around with the direction. I have several wig grips, and sometimes I get a few that have been sewn the wrong way. Everything looks right, but they slide right off!

Another thing is to try a different brand. I don't like the Milano ones, but the Wrapunzel ones work really well for me. I have super straight slippery hair.

studying_torah

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 1:04 pm
I have thick hair and the wig grip is always crumpled and totally slid back by the time I take my wig off. I tried 2 diff sizes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels