Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Orlando

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 2:05 am
Hi I would like to take my young family to orlando this summer. My kids are not in to movies and are to young for roller coaster rides. Wanted to know what are the best options parks to go to. Animal kingdom, epcot, sea aquarium ....
Also wanted to know best resort with water park to stay at.
Also what's with the kosher food?
Thanks for your advice.

MtBoT

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 4:33 am
Would love to make trip plans anyone went to Orlando with kids that can give me few tips

benny

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 4:50 am
Magic kingdom is your best bet. are they into Lego? Lego land too.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 5:01 am
benny wrote:
Magic kingdom is your best bet. are they into Lego? Lego land too.

I would actually skip magic kingdom. It really is not such a great park. For her, I would recommend sea world, Hollywood Studios, universal, animal kingdom.

benny

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 5:12 am
Really? We loved it. Especially the younger ones. It’s so magical and age appropriate! Animal kingdom had some great attractions for the big ones which op won’t need. Otherwise you don’t need Disney to see animals. There are zoos everywhere. Hollywood studios was movies and roller coasters. Epcot isn’t so much for the little ones. Sea world is great but I’ve heard the shows aren’t amazing anymore (we were there years ago). We honestly loved all the parks. But I went with bigger kids too so there was always something for everyone. My little ones def enjoyed magic kingdom and Legoland most.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 5:23 am
Magic Kingdom is a must. It’s geared for younger kids mainly.

Download the Disney App. That should be very helpful to navigate the parks and book fastpasses.

Each park has 1-2 places that offer kosher food- like airline meals... you can google it and it will tell you who sells it.

Nickoldean( however it’s spelled) hotel has a water park on premises

MtBoT

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 6:17 am
Thanks what about accommodations resorts with water park any good ones out there

Amarante

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 6:32 am
I don't think it matters if your kids aren't into movies because Magic Kingdom is "magical" for young kids without having cultural references to what the characters are. When my brother visited my niece was too young to really understand what the characters represented but my brother was desperate to go :-) and they had a fine time because the rides and the sights are so much fun. There is a mixture of very gentle rides geared to small kids - I.e. the spinning tea cups are about as scary as it gets :-) plus stuff like It's A Small World which is dangerous for adults because the insipid theme song won't leave your brain for days :-)

Legoland is geared to young children as well. But I wouldn't go there in lieu of Magic Kingdom.

Seaworld is also nice but again - my kids and other kids I've taken to all the usual amusement parks didn't love as much as Magic Kingdom (or in my case Disney World since I am in Southern California).

Universal Studios is for older kids and I think more geared towards being familiar with the movies. Again, I am basing on Universal Studios in Los Angeles but I am assume the one in Florida is similar. My kids (and other kids I took) liked it more when they were in their Tweens - by then they were more familiar with stuff like Harry Potter and also liked the more exciting rides.

MtBoT

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 7:06 am
What did you do for kosher food are there kosher restaurants or only the one meat one

MtBoT

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 7:06 am
What is animal kingdom is it about rides or animal's

benny

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 7:37 am
Animal kingdom has both. But if you’re not interested in the animals there’s not loads to do. It’s probably the least popular of all the parks. There are a couple of big cool rides my kids loved that u don’t need. I know someone who went recently with young kids who weren’t interested in the scarier rides and they didn’t love it at all.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 4:28 pm
It depends on kids age and when you go

It's really hot and humid in the summer and usually rains sometime during the day.

I've been in a few seasons and said never again from May until October!!

Which parks really depends on personal taste

I can't stand Disney Princess type things and I loved Magic Kingdom, my kids ages 5-22 loved it too! We repeated the park as a result.
There are many inside shows in the Disney parks, so at least there are cool breaks from the heat.
Epcot was more interesting for the adults and there was allot of walking.
Hollywood studios was fun and interseting overall.
My family doesn't care for animal kingdom or Sea world, so we skipped them.

Universal was better overall for older kids, my kids love Harry Potter so they like Universal way better. The little kids parts are also cute, Dr guess, the comics etc.

Legoland was really fun for all ages, even the teenagers loved it.

I have never done the waterparks, I would suggest whatever themes parks you choose, adding the water park to that chain should be cheaper.
Or there's aquatica, which my kids have been to without me and loved it.

I usually stay in a big apartments in resorts with a self clean oven that we kasher and I buy food, there are a few stores that have and I bring some too. They usually have great pools (we go at night, it's empty) and game rooms, free movie theaters and fun activities like magic shows,

The meat restaurant also sells pizza for takeout, but I wasn't impressed.
Disney has kosher food available, I've never done it though, so no comment on price and taste.

Disney springs and Universal city walk are also fun and free.

benny

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 4:36 pm
Just adding we did the food in Disney- it was like upgraded airplane meals. Hot dogs, burgers, and everything comes with potato latkes which were decent. Basically everything is double wrapped and they heat it up for you. Beware they included a brownie for dessert that they heated Up but wasn’t double wrapped so.... we dumped them.
I don’t remember pricing being too crazy. All I know is it was super convenient and everyone ate.

MtBoT

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 6:46 pm
What the difference in neighborhoods lake bonna vistas Kissimmee or international drive regarding hotels.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics