Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Dh thinks it's weird
Previous  1  2

shanie5

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 5:52 pm
Only time I felt really conspicuous was when I was 8 months pregnant and my mother sent me into the pharmacy to pick up something for her friend. A first response ovulation predictor. (ready for another kid before this one was even born?)

debsey

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 7:20 pm
shanie5 wrote:
Only time I felt really conspicuous was when I was 8 months pregnant and my mother sent me into the pharmacy to pick up something for her friend. A first response ovulation predictor. (ready for another kid before this one was even born?)

I would think - "save your money, honey. You are definitely not ovulating....." (or you need a really good girdle.)

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 8:14 pm
debsey wrote:
I would think - "save your money, honey. You are definitely not ovulating....." (or you need a really good girdle.)

Debsey, you're really on a humorous roll today! Haven't laughed like this in a while.

Last edited by Amelia Bedelia on Mon, Jul 09 2018, 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

WhatFor

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 8:31 pm
I was once buying tampons, Midol, toilet paper, the works (no basket, so I was balancing all this in my hands) and as I passed the checkout counter I saw a male work colleague from my pretty professional work environment. He pretended not to see me and I just laughed to myself.

He’s married with children so pretty sure it wasn’t news to him that women can menstruate.

OP- as to your DH, weird, not a huge deal, unless his self-consciousness manifests itself in other unfortunate ways.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 9:06 pm
There is something about prunes that seems hilarious to people because of the association with constipation and elderly people having it for breakfast instead of orange juice.

My poor cousin suffered through years of teasing because she had an assignment in elementary school to compile a scrapbook of nutritious foods and so she carefully cut out and pasted pictures of various foods with the caption - Eat Good Chicken - Eat Good Broccoli - and you guessed it - a picture of a box of prunes captioned - Eat Good Prunes.For whatever reasons, the cousins found it a fertile source to tease her as she was such a reliable crier :-)

Even as adults whenever we got together someone would state Eat Good Prunes and we all would burst out in laughter. :-)

keym

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 9:08 pm
debsey wrote:

When I was 8 months pregnant, a really good friend of mine asked me to pick up a pkg of pregnancy tests- she was scared she was pregnant. (False alarm). Anyways, the guy at Walgreens said "maam save yourself the 12 bucks- youre definitely pregnant."

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 9:12 pm
And sometimes you have to question the sanity of those who design store layouts....

At MY grocery, bedika clothes are on an endcap right next to the checkout lanes.

Rest assured I have NEVER bought them there...

essie14

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 9:40 pm
In Israel bedika cloths are sold in every Makolet and supermarket. I’ve bought them many times along with my Shabbat chicken. And so has every other woman I’ve been in line behind at the supermarket. No one cares.
My DH has picked up my prescriptions for all kinds of maladies - fungal cream, hemmorhoid cream, who knows what else. He’s bought pads, tampons, whatever. He doesn’t care one bit.

Zeleze

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 12:44 am
DH has no problem buying me Pads, Bedikah Cloths or whatever, and he does the shoping many times for our home.

I malso don't have any problem really, but my store places these items in a black bag, so it's wired for him it seems, I don't also have a problem hanging my washing either here in Israel, in the middle line, not on the outer one, as I feel it's not respectfull, but it can be seen by the upper neighbours should they wish.

But some men are shy about this, it's a known fact.

debsey

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 12:46 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Debsey, you're really on a humorous roll today! Haven't laughed like this in a while.

would you believe that I have terrible food poisoning, and let's just say constipation is the very last thing I'm worried about right now? I think I'm a little light headed from lack of food. I guess that improves my sense of humor.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:19 am
Oy Debsey Refuah Shelaimah! How did that happen? Sounds scary....good for you for being able to make everyone laugh at a time like this.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:59 am
I once had to go into hospital suddenly and there was no clean laundry in the house. So I sent my dh to the store to buy me new underwear. He refused to go into the lingerie department and somehow found it less embarrassing to explain his predicament to a strange woman (another customer) who picked out some underwear for me!

flapsmom

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 9:33 am
Tip I saw on Pinterest: if you're buying something you're embarrassed of... Buy a birthday card with it.
Happy birthday honey! Here is your prune juice and pads! 🤣🤣🤣

InnerMe

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 9:37 am
flapsmom wrote:
Tip I saw on Pinterest: if you're buying something you're embarrassed of... Buy a birthday card with it.
Happy birthday honey! Here is your prune juice and pads! 🤣🤣🤣

Lol. This has got to be the most hysterical advice I've seen in a while!! Thanks for the advice.

debsey

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:43 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Oy Debsey Refuah Shelaimah! How did that happen? Sounds scary....good for you for being able to make everyone laugh at a time like this.

Thank you, Chayelle

I think I got sick from something I ate at a party for a friend. Other people got a bit queasy. I got slammed.

I'm finally feeling much better, but I slept most of the day away, and now I'm wide awake and raring to go. Not really how I want to feel at 11:45 at night, but it's WAY better than Feeling beat up Sick

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 6:51 am
You could just be more sensitive than others.

Glad to hear you are feeling better! Hope you can also get your sleep patterns back to normal....definitely better than feeling sick!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics