Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
ISO recipes to stretch boneless chicken breasts

Shendellah

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 10:29 am
OK its only one week.. but my family wants to eat lots of meat this week since we cant have any next week. I already did hot dogs and spaghetti with meat sauce. We try to keep our weekly meat budget low. So I have an almost 3 lb pack of chicken and I have 3 small children, my husband and I, and bubbie to feed for dinner..what's a simple recipe that would best stretch this meat for dinner? My family thanks you in advance!

tichellady

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 10:43 am
3 lbs of boneless chicken for 6 people should be plenty. You can grill it, make a stir fry, make shnitzel, shred it for sandwiches

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 1:00 pm
Soup, with your favorite veggies. Very easy, and quick to reheat for leftovers.

esther11

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 1:15 pm
We are 2 adults and 2 kids, we use abt 1lb of cutlets for a supper. We like to serve the chicken with a filling starchy side (rice, French fries, sweet potato, quinoa) and a veggie side (lettuce salad, green beans, Cole slaw, etc). If I was cooking for your family size I’d probably make 2lbs of chicken, so with 3lbs you don’t need to worry abt stretching it too much.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 1:19 pm
Chicken lo mein. I use linguini pasta and cut the chicken into nugget size pieces , coat chicken with flour and seasoning , sautee, pour a mixture of teriyaki sauce or soy sauce etc over and let cook in the sauce. Sautee your favorite veggies.
Add some sesame oil to the cooked linguini and some teriyaki or soy sauce . Mix everything together for a filling meal.

Shendellah

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 2:36 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Chicken lo mein. I use linguini pasta and cut the chicken into nugget size pieces , coat chicken with flour and seasoning , sautee, pour a mixture of teriyaki sauce or soy sauce etc over and let cook in the sauce. Sautee your favorite veggies.
Add some sesame oil to the cooked linguini and some teriyaki or soy sauce . Mix everything together for a filling meal.

I'm going to make this! Thank you!

Ok almost 3 lbs of chicken breasts is a lot!!! I cut it into strips and it was a ton!!! I don't know what I was thinking!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey