Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Shabbos clothes for 8 yr old girl

rosey

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 5:09 pm
We'll be in Queens/LI area after Tisha b'Av for a week, and I really want to pick up a few outfits for my dd. We used to do places like Cent 21 but the skirt lengths are impossible. Can you recommend modest stores, maybe Five Towns, Brooklyn (we'd prefer traveling to LI, but would take any suggestions). We may visit friends in Passaic if there are any suggestions there. Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:37 pm
rosey wrote:
We'll be in Queens/LI area after Tisha b'Av for a week, and I really want to pick up a few outfits for my dd. We used to do places like Cent 21 but the skirt lengths are impossible. Can you recommend modest stores, maybe Five Towns, Brooklyn (we'd prefer traveling to LI, but would take any suggestions). We may visit friends in Passaic if there are any suggestions there. Thanks!

Is there a budget? What sort of style does your dd like?

worldpeace

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 7:49 pm
Kidichic

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:15 pm
Not sure how close Passaic is to Bergenfield, but if it is contact Dassy at Petic Chic NJ. Her email is dassyfuchs@hotmail.com.

enneamom

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:17 pm
Another vote for Kidichic. Great prices, nice stuff.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:19 pm
Theres Petite Perfection in Far Rockaway
Tutus and Suspenders in Woodmere

Most summer stuff will be sold out by the time you come. Hope you are successful!

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:48 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Theres Petite Perfection in Far Rockaway
Tutus and Suspenders in Woodmere

Most summer stuff will be sold out by the time you come. Hope you are successful!

Isn’t Petit Perfection in Kew Gardens Hills?

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:50 pm
amother wrote:
Isn’t Petit Perfection in Kew Gardens Hills?

You may be right.

rosey

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 1:23 pm
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Any ideas are helpful. I'm a terrible shopper, and the poor girl gets a bunch of new outfits whenever I get to it, which has been about a year and a half now! (I try to buy super long, which means she hates the stuff for the first six months, then we get a good year out of it....but I know I have to get better at this!!). Thanks again

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 1:48 pm
There are a couple of stores on Main Street in kgh - worth a try.
There’s one store in Passaic- why not go in there to see what they have.
You can also order skirts online from totinni- they sell the right length and are not expensive.

rosey

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 2:04 pm
thanks for the suggestions. Can you tell me approximately where the stores are on Main St?
Everything is so crowded I feel like I'll miss it unless I know which block to look on.

As for Passaic, if you have any additional info I'd appreciate it, I don't know anything there at all.

Thanks again, I'll look into the online place you mentioned.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 2:14 pm
In kgh on main there’s Not Just Hose. I honestly haven’t lived in queens for the last 15 years and every time I drive up Main Street there are new stores so hopefully someone living there now can give you more options.

Passaic on main avenue is pink orchid. I think they have both kids and ladies clothing. Maybe a Passaic person can chime in to confirm.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics