Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
End of summer

ChasdeiHashem1

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 5:37 pm
I’m looking to go away for few days at end of summer with my family without spending too much money on travel entertainment. I live in ny

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 5:43 pm
How old are your children? How many hours are you willing to travel?

ChasdeiHashem1

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:04 pm
Sorry for not being more specific Exclamation girls 3 and 8. Not far!!! We’re not great in car! Live in monsey

YE1

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 7:09 pm
There are lots of amazing day trips near Monsey:
http://www.beentheredonethattr.....nsey/

pause

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 7:25 pm
YE1 wrote:
There are lots of amazing day trips near Monsey:
http://www.beentheredonethattr.....nsey/

Lady, I'm onto you... Wink

ChasdeiHashem1

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 11:19 am
Thanks so much for that detailed response! While list does have a bunch of pretty places to visit, (as a couple perhaps) we’ve already kinda done a lot of the entertainment ones which the kids would want

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 11:28 am
You can try to get a VRBO that is within your driving distance that works for your family and budget and then find activities in the area. We do this often and have a great time and find so many activities off the beaten path.

I look for state parks, hikes, waterfalls. You can often find boating and bike rentals at parks. Look for animal parks.

Cabins in state parks are cheap to rent (many have with bathrooms and kitchens, you just have to search). Often at the end of the summer there is no longer a week minimum. If you can find one available. (I.e. Check out Ricketts Glen - I don't know how far from Monsey but they have great cheap cabins that often become available toward the end of the summer).

One year we got a great end of summer deal at Beer Creak Resort in PA. They have large suites and on ground activities - like hiking, boating, playground, pool, etc. It was a very enjoyable relaxed trips, but I don't know their regular prices.

Once I find an area I like to check out activities on Trip Advisor and many times find related places that way.

ChasdeiHashem1

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 11:54 am
Amazing! I’ll iy”H look into it, thank you!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics