Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Meet the women of East Meadow

tobi1k

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 10:57 am
I hope it is ok that this is posted here

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 11:09 am
How many families are currently in East Meadow? Are they all basically transplants from Chofetz Chaim in Queens or is there any Far Rockaway ppl there too?

tobi1k

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 11:14 am
amother wrote:
How many families are currently in East Meadow? Are they all basically transplants from Chofetz Chaim in Queens or is there any Far Rockaway ppl there too?

There are 7 families currently living in east meadow. No this is not a chofetz chaim "project" Yes we have families that grew up in the five towns area.

yihyetov

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 11:10 am
Can you tell me more about the type of families this community is trying to attract? Hashkafa? Also if you can tell me house price range? Thanks!

tobi1k

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 11:25 am
We are trying to attract anyone who is looking to move to an out of town community but needs to stay in town for work or other reasons. We are all families where the husbands went to yeshiva at some point, however, we are not looking for any specific hashkafa. House pricing varies on many different factors: but realistically ranges from 450k-650k

yihyetov

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 12:54 pm
Thanks for the reply..so I'm also wondering if their is a rav as of yet?

tobi1k

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 1:06 pm
As of this moment not yet- but we are looking!!

gumby

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 1:56 pm
Do you have a minyan on shabbos ?

tobi1k

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 1:58 pm
Yes

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 4:14 pm
tobi1k wrote:
There are 7 families currently living in east meadow. No this is not a chofetz chaim "project" Yes we have families that grew up in the five towns area.

I feel like this is misleading. All the families ARE coming from queens and are cc alumni. Perhaps some of them grew up in the five towns/fr area, but of the seven families none are random far Rockawy families, which is what I believe the poster was asking.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 4:21 pm
How much for a 3 or 4 br , 2 bathrooms ?

tobi1k

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 4:56 pm
amother wrote:
I feel like this is misleading. All the families ARE coming from queens and are cc alumni. Perhaps some of them grew up in the five towns/fr area, but of the seven families none are random far Rockawy families, which is what I believe the poster was asking.

I apologize if you think it was misleading, that was not the goal. My goal was to answer what I thought the question was. My understanding of the question was is this a chofetz chaim project, meaning a community being built with chofetz chaim hashkafas, and chofetz chaim rabbi and so on. The answer to that is unequivocally no, and that is what I was trying to give over.

I apologize and I thank you for pointing it out

yihyetov

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 10:42 am
How does 7 families make a minyan for shabbos?
Are these all young families?

tobi1k

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 10:58 am
Yes the families are young - We invite people for shabbos in order to fill the missing 3 spots. Also, there are some locals that join us for some of the minyanim.

yihyetov

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 11:10 am
How does 7 families make a minyan for shabbos?
Are these all young families?

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 11:33 am
are there rentals in the neighborhood?
If yes, how much is the rent for 2 bedroom?
Thanks

yihyetov

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 5:07 pm
Hi wanted to know update on this community. Has it grown at all? How many families live there at this point?

tobi1k

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 1:53 pm
The 8th family moved in last month BH. There are a handful of people who are interested and looking.
Over the past 6 months though we picked up some locals who daven with us. So things are picking up BH

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 2:04 pm
Would couple in their 40s with preschool amd lower elementary school age kids be comfortable there?
Who to speak to to find out more info?
Thanks

tobi1k

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 2:09 pm
https://www.kehillaofeastmeadow.com/

you can email or call - or you can chat
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating