Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
UPDATE: HELP!!! We’re in hot water now!

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 10:49 am
We need to move asap for many reasons and with the encouragement of DH’s Rabbi he convinced us to move to the Brook Hill area in Lakewood.

We told our landlord we will move by July 1st, thinking we had something. We just needed to finalize the rent with the property manager of the home. The man said call me Sunday, I’ll have an answer. We tried him all day. Finally answered late at night and said I’ll call you right back. He never did. He’s ignoring my calls all morning....

So that apartment is out. Was big (3 Bedrooms) and newish like ours. All that’s available in that area is Emerald Hills which is very expensive and small rooms that won’t fit our beds or Brook Hill which is old and only 2 Bedrooms.

I guess this is just a vent. I’m really anxious!

HELP!!!

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 10:51 am
No suggestions for you, but Hatzalah raba and lots of hugs!!!

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 10:56 am
Oi, hope you will find something that works out for you soon! In the meantime, consider whether you want to tell your landlord that you may need to stay a little longer than you thought.

I always think when something like that doesn't work out, that perhaps Hashem saved you from something unknown that you don't know of. Maybe a difficult landlord, or neighbors you might not get along with, or whatever....I daven to Hashem to help me be matzliach in what I'm looking for, and protect me from what I'm NOT looking for.

Wishing you much Hatzlacha.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 10:58 am
I live in Brookhill, there are so so many apartments available in the area! Right now the market is so full of apartments, many 3 bedrooms and many new ones... Some houses that are older built their apartments later, also look on Sienna where the houses are newer. There are also many blocks around Brookhill (Riverside Court, Schuster, Somerset, Belvedere...) Keep looking, it’s impossible that you won’t find a nice 3 bedroom.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 11:04 am
Chayalle wrote:
Oi, hope you will find something that works out for you soon! In the meantime, consider whether you want to tell your landlord that you may need to stay a little longer than you thought.

I always think when something like that doesn't work out, that perhaps Hashem saved you from something unknown that you don't know of. Maybe a difficult landlord, or neighbors you might not get along with, or whatever....I daven to Hashem to help me be matzliach in what I'm looking for, and protect me from what I'm NOT looking for.

Wishing you much Hatzlacha.

Thank you. But I forgot to mention in my OP that unfortunately someone already signed a contract for July 1st.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 11:06 am
amother wrote:
I live in Brookhill, there are so so many apartments available in the area! Right now the market is so full of apartments, many 3 bedrooms and many new ones... Some houses that are older built their apartments later, also look on Sienna where the houses are newer. There are also many blocks around Brookhill (Riverside Court, Schuster, Somerset, Belvedere...) Keep looking, it’s impossible that you won’t find a nice 3 bedroom.

Thanks. I have memorized the masaumatan by heart.... nothing matches what we’re looking for....

I’m sure if we’d wait something else will come up but we don’t have time to wait....

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 3:49 pm
This how life is and it's ok!

When we left mitzrayim, it was exactly like this, up and down, until we were finally out. A new leader Moshe comes to save us- then he disappears and everything gets worse. We have to make our own bricks. The slavery increases. Then suddenly the leader is back, turns the water to blood, great we will be freed now. But no,paroh hardens his heart and we cant leave. And so on through the plagues. Then finally we are out of Egypt - but hang on, there is a sea in front of us. Nachshon has Emunah and walks in- the sea splits! Surely with such a miracle we will be ok now. But then hang on- here comes the mitzi army chasing right after us!! Only when the sea returns to it's borders is that nisayon over.

The story is a mashal of what happens in life over and over again. You are right in the middle of stuff now. Your job is to push forward and have emunah that in the end it will all be ok.

Because it WILL be ok. Hashem made the whole world- He can and will reveal your apartment to you. Even if you had to rough it on the streets (I don't for one second believe that this will happen),He would only do that if it were the best thing for you. You will find something. Don't despair.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

(you asked for HELP, and as I don't have an apartment to offer you I hope this somehow helps Very Happy )

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 9:53 pm
I don't know how it works with landlords in Brooklyn, but in Lakewood everyone knows that when your tenant says he's moving, it's not definite until it happens. They're waiting for a house to be ready, they're waiting for someone else to move who's waiting for a house to be ready...

We actually had this happen to us more than once IIRC, and the Rov said we can't even charge the tenant for the rent we lost because we lost a tenant when he didn't move, unless we specified in the lease that that we would charge.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 11:42 am
Op, why don't u call a real estate agency? They know what's availability in the area. Good luck

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 9:34 am
Hi!

I’m coming back here to thank you all for your encouragement particularly the poster who said you gotta jump blindly into things like for example Krias Yam Suf.

We BH just moved into a new beautiful apartment. The landlords are very sweet and accommodating and the rent is much much cheaper.

After seeing how hard it is to find an apartment in Lakewood- there is no place with listings and images- I created an Instagram account where landlords post listings and potential renters can view them easily.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 9:36 am
Yeshuas Hashem Kiheref Ayin! In the blink of an eye!
I am so happy for you amother.

imasinger

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 9:48 am
B"H, and how wonderful that you created a way for others not to go through what you did. Tizku lmitzvos, and enjoy your new home.

zohar

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:08 am
amother wrote:
Hi!

I’m coming back here to thank you all for your encouragement particularly the poster who said you gotta jump blindly into things like for example Krias Yam Suf.

We BH just moved into a new beautiful apartment. The landlords are very sweet and accommodating and the rent is much much cheaper.

After seeing how hard it is to find an apartment in Lakewood- there is no place with listings and images- I created an Instagram account where landlords post listings and potential renters can view them easily.

That's wonderful!! What's the Instagram account?

cozyblanket

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:14 am
I didn't see this in June, but I'm happy you are settled and happy! You should have much bracha and simcha in your new home!!

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:16 am
zohar wrote:
That's wonderful!! What's the Instagram account?

Thank you all!

@lakewoodrentals

Fledgling account! I need to build it up. Really want to help others. Spread the word!

InnerMe

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 11:59 am
amother wrote:
Thank you all!

@lakewoodrentals

Fledgling account! I need to build it up. Really want to help others. Spread the word!

Nice! I just started following you!

ETA so happy for you that you found something, and super impressed that you are using your experience to help others.

Also I'm not looking for apt. to rent in Lakewood, just following to give you some support in your new endeavor!

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 4:21 pm
Oh wow oh wow oh wow!!! Yay!

So glad that my words helped you.

By starting the instagram account you have just been a Tzelem Elokim. You have taken your difficulty and used it to be a creator. Just like Hashem.

That is what we are all here for. Kol hakavod to you. What an inspiring story. Thanks for the update!

Applause Applause Applause Applause
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating