Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Hod Hamidbar Hotel Info Please

amother
White

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 11:57 pm
Hi!

Can anyone give me some information on the hotel Hod Hamidbar? I want to book a stay in that hotel but wanted to clarify some things.

I see the rooms have windows facing the beach where people swim. How does that work? The Hotel operator told me that since the beach is a bit far you can only see small figures and not actual people... Dunno how comfortable I'm with that. Was anyone there and can tell me if it's totally ok?
Another question, how's the general atmosphere there?
I am chassidish, I like being with Yidden from all types and crowds, however, for example, are there women walking around in bathrobes there without socks?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks soo soo much!

grace413

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 1:25 am
Yes, there will be women walking around in bathrobes without socks. There will also be women walking around in shorts and tank tops.

If you want to go to a hotel and avoid women in non-tsnius clothing your best bet is to find a tour operator who takes over the whole hotel for a charedi crowd on specific dates. I know this exists but unfortunately cannot think of any contacts right now. You might want to call a few hotels and ask if something like that is scheduled.

Hatzlacha.

amother
White

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 1:47 am
Thanks so much for your reply!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I forgot to mention that I'm planning to book a room in August, and I think it is being leased and being with a more Kosher standard? Or I'm mistaking? would you know?
It has a Hashgacha in August. Does it always have?

grace413

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 2:16 am
The hotel always has a hashgacha but may not be up to your standards. Don't know about their plans in August.

Came across this link which may be helpful to you:

http://www.travelm.co.il/

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 9:37 am
Even if the hotel is rented out to Chareidim for afew weeks, they're still open to the public.
In the summer you will always see women in bikinis around.
I think Nirvana hotel is entirely chareidi with separate beaches.

amother
White

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 1:33 am
Thanks so much for your replies!
I called them to verify the info, they will be open to Chareidi people only from end of July till mid August.

Thanks so much everyone!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions