Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How much weight did you gain?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

glamourmom

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 8:56 am
WastingTime wrote:
I got married 15 yrs ago. Lost 20 lbs then had 5 kids, gained 30ish since.
Then I learned abt intuitive eating, stopped caring and changed my life

can you please share a bit more about how this worked for you?
is it just coming to terms with your weight or is it about losing weight?

WastingTime

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 10:41 am
glamourmom wrote:
can you please share a bit more about how this worked for you?
is it just coming to terms with your weight or is it about losing weight?

Its abt making peace with food. Not constantly thinking abt what you eat, not assigning moral value to food ( bad foods / "I was so bad today"), worrying abt how your body feels not what society says. It teaches you to have a NORMAL relationship with food, to not get nervous at a beautiful kiddush or whatever.Over 95% diet fail for a reason. It's not natural.
It is also abt coming to terms with your weight but its wsy more than that.
Google intuitive eating you'll find tons of info
This is the original book
www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1250004.....obile

If you have facebook there's a Jewish women's group as well.

I strongly recommend reading it even if you don't follow the program.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 11:20 am
amother wrote:
In general I think most people overeat when they are pregnant which is why there’s a significant weight gain.

I think this is a horrible judgemental thing to say. I gain a lot of weight when pregnant and I can tell you 100% I eat normal or even more carefully. My babies also weight over 10lbs - when I deliver early - and I don't have gestational diabetes. I am so self conscious I don't like going to events - I can't tell you the horrible comments people make and how they assume I'm in my 9th month when I'm in my 5th. When preg I"m also severely anemic (in the 6 range) and its hard for me to exercise vigorously even though I still try to walk and swim. Normally I'm a size 6 or 8.
Comments like this make it so much more difficult for me to get out.

In the past I pretty much returned to my pre-preg weight (not necessarily the weight I got married at) within 6 months of birth. but once I turned 35 it didn't work that way as easily.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 11:33 am
I gained about 85 pounds. Married for 8 years. Just started a diet a week ago. Will see how long it lasts.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 12:22 pm
amother wrote:
I think this is a horrible judgemental thing to say. I gain a lot of weight when pregnant and I can tell you 100% I eat normal or even more carefully. My babies also weight over 10lbs - when I deliver early - and I don't have gestational diabetes. I am so self conscious I don't like going to events - I can't tell you the horrible comments people make and how they assume I'm in my 9th month when I'm in my 5th. When preg I"m also severely anemic (in the 6 range) and its hard for me to exercise vigorously even though I still try to walk and swim. Normally I'm a size 6 or 8.
Comments like this make it so much more difficult for me to get out.

In the past I pretty much returned to my pre-preg weight (not necessarily the weight I got married at) within 6 months of birth. but once I turned 35 it didn't work that way as easily.

I agree with this. Many women gain a lot of weight during pregnancy without overeating and many women "overeat" but don't gain a lot of weight.
With my first three pregnancies, I gained 55 lbs, 45, and 47 lbs. With my 1st, I'll admit I ate whatever I want without exercising and gained a lot. But with my 2nd, I ate the same as prepregnancy, a lot of whole grains, fruits, veggies, exercised a few times a week, and still gained quite a bit. I remember once in my 3rd trimester I gained 7 lbs in 2 weeks! I asked my OB and he said that assuming I did not just eat nutella and cakes all day, it must be due to water retention and hormones and not to worry about it.

Each woman's body is different. No two are exactly the same.

glamourmom

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:53 am
WastingTime wrote:
Its abt making peace with food. Not constantly thinking abt what you eat, not assigning moral value to food ( bad foods / "I was so bad today"), worrying abt how your body feels not what society says. It teaches you to have a NORMAL relationship with food, to not get nervous at a beautiful kiddush or whatever.Over 95% diet fail for a reason. It's not natural.
It is also abt coming to terms with your weight but its wsy more than that.
Google intuitive eating you'll find tons of info
This is the original book
www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1250004.....obile

If you have facebook there's a Jewish women's group as well.

I strongly recommend reading it even if you don't follow the program.

sounds amazing but does it actually help with weight loss? so do you eat every goodie you want? is the point of this to lose weight or to make peace with your weight?

WastingTime

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 1:20 pm
glamourmom wrote:
sounds amazing but does it actually help with weight loss? so do you eat every goodie you want? is the point of this to lose weight or to make peace with your weight?

The point is not to lose weight( although you very well may). The point is to learn when you are hungry/ full, what your body needs etc. Dieting is often a vicious cycle that can include guilt, binges feelings of failure etc
After some time "goodies" lose their allure and you may realize you don't like some of them nearly as much as you thougut you did. Naturally most ppl balance wholesome food with treats and allowing yourself all foods equally helps achieve that.

After yo yo dieting for a few yrs I had no desire to diet anymore and happened to chance upon intuitive eating through Rena Reisers blog. Really a life changer. Read up about it, theres tons of info online

WastingTime

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 1:29 pm
http://psychologyofeating.com/.....work/

https://alissarumsey.com/intui.....ting/

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 1:34 pm
WastingTime wrote:
http://psychologyofeating.com/3-reasons-diets-dont-work/

https://alissarumsey.com/intui.....ting/

If I need to lose weight this will not help me.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 3:36 pm
This thread has a great discussion on the topic: https://www.imamother.com/foru.....28841

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 6:35 pm
Gained about 40 pounds. Lost 50 bh. Its constant hard work and self control.

fbc

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 7:14 pm
Such a sore topic for me!! When I got married I weighed about 120 (I'm 5'2). 15 months later had a beautiful yummy baby BH. Now she is a toddler and her mommy weighs a whopping 175 Sad I'm really trying. It's so so hard. I've been working out multiple times a week, watching calories, and it ain't working very fast...(I will add I don't look like I weigh 175, no one would guess it. But it's hard when you know you used to be thin, have energy...)

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 7:22 pm
fbc wrote:
Such a sore topic for me!! When I got married I weighed about 120 (I'm 5'2). 15 months later had a beautiful yummy baby BH. Now she is a toddler and her mommy weighs a whopping 175 Sad I'm really trying. It's so so hard. I've been working out multiple times a week, watching calories, and it ain't working very fast...(I will add I don't look like I weigh 175, no one would guess it. But it's hard when you know you used to be thin, have energy...)

Are you on hormonal BC? I also had trouble loosing my baby weight, till I went off birth control. I still had to watch, but the pounds definitely came off faster.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 2:36 am
When I got married I weighed 115. I’m 5'1".
I now weigh 170.
Married 11 years, six kids, 7 months pp.

WastingTime

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 3:43 am
amother wrote:
If I need to lose weight this will not help me.

But dieting may not either...especially for long term.
I think its interesting to look into even if you decide to diet. Gives a fresh perspective

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 5:28 am
fbc wrote:

For me too!
I was extremely skinny until I got married. I'm also 5'2. I weighed 115 lb. Now I'm in my 9th month pregnant and weighing 199. I gained weight by each of my kids and only lost the actual weight of the baby.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 5:33 am
WastingTime wrote:
But dieting may not either...especially for long term.
I think its interesting to look into even if you decide to diet. Gives a fresh perspective

But if I don't diet I will keep on gaining. People think diets don't work because you always gain it back. They don't realize the we gain weight when we are not on diet (certain people that diets don't work for). And if we at least lost some weight it will take longer for us first to gain back what we lost and then start gaining more. It took me 8 years to gain 85 pounds. If not for my diets in middle it would have been after 4 years. I could have been even fatter by now.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 6:45 am
I gained 45 pounds in 19.5 years of marriage, 7 pregnancies...

Now trying to lose it. Easier said than done Sad

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 8:17 am
To my top weight 125 pounds. Now still about forty five over

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 8:20 am
amother wrote:
since u got married? I gained 24 pounds and I feel so self conscious about it. and so does my husband. I'm trying...

Www.vinnietortorich.com

Free.
There’s a Facebook group with over 20 k ppl on it
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise