Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Oak & Vine Lakewood If you bought or know s/o going there?
1  2  3  Next

mmyy

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 9:43 pm
I am inquiring about this development
But heard that a lot of very frum Chassidim are moving, also from Williamsburg.
I am modern Chasidish from BP and I want to know if there will be more people like me
It doesn't have to be very modern, but I do not want most of the neighborhood to be wearing tichels and very frum

Do you know someone who goes there and what kind are they?

Last edited by mmyy on Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

das

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 9:51 pm
How do you define modern chassidish?

mmyy

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 9:58 pm
das wrote:
How do you define modern chassidish?

Long Shaitels/invite each other for Shabbos meals/man with polo shirts/English speaking

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:00 pm
What state is this? I hate when people assume we all know if you are talking about the Catskills or Florida or E"Y or elsewhere. Not everyone lives intown.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:10 pm
I think it’s pretty Chassidish like Viznitz style but not sure

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:12 pm
My sister in law lives in the area.. regular chassidish. Longer shaitel, not covered, etc

das

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:14 pm
mmyy wrote:
Long Shaitels/invite each other for Shabbos meals/man with polo shirts/English speaking

Then you probably will not find ppl your "type" in Oak and Vine. English speaking is not an issue but from the few ppl I know moving there (one of them a very dear friend who really researched the place) it's a very "fine" crowd that is not the "invite each other for meals" type at all.

Why would you be interested in moving there anyway? From what I understand, ppl are moving there for the crowd. There are certainly better and nicer housing deals to be found!

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:53 pm
I'd say you'd find a place in Stamford meadows.
Oak n vine is chasidish. Alot of heimishe type of ppl. Not tichels.
Very fine, nice crowd.

Stamford meadows is more with-it chassidish crowd.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 1:10 am
Why don't you look into Toms river? You sound like you'll fit in

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 10:55 am
I'm not the OP but following. did any new girl or boys schools open for the modern chasidish crowd moving to Toms River?

21young

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 12:30 pm
Sounds like you would fit in Toms River, although I don’t know where the Toms River crowd sends to school.

cnc

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 1:39 pm
I know a few people that bought there. They are not very chassidish (Williamsburg type or covered shitels), but they are all very fine people and would not invite each other for meals etc...

workingmom

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 2:02 pm
I live in Stamford Meadows pm me I can tell you what you need and I know the area well.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 5:29 pm
Is it true that there's a chassidish girls school opening up for the oak n vine crowd?

asmileaday

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 5:56 pm
From the people I know that moved there it doesn't sound like this is for you. Also, have you seen the area? The houses are so close together. I'd rather stay in Brooklyn than move for that.

mmyy

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 8:39 pm
asmileaday wrote:
From the people I know that moved there it doesn't sound like this is for you. Also, have you seen the area? The houses are so close together. I'd rather stay in Brooklyn than move for that.

Really, you think Brooklyn is more spaced out...

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 10:39 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not the OP but following. did any new girl or boys schools open for the modern chasidish crowd moving to Toms River?

Yes there is a new boys school that sent pre approved applications to Toms River residents. Rabbi Rosen from Atime is behind it.
No oak n vine isnt your type. Stamford Meadows is.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 11:54 pm
Anyone have more info on this neighborhood? are there rentals available or only to buy?
I’m from Williamsburg uncovered sheital . Very normal chasidish family

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 12:02 am
My 2 friends live there. They are Heimishe/Chassidish, longer Sheitels, drive etc, but they are very very fine, like they don't do couple meals etc.

Esther16

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 3:13 am
There are a few types living there. Some sections or "blocks" were bought off by certain mosdos (viznitz, klausenberg and sanz) so that their constituents can live near their own kind. It's a bit tribal and segregationist, if you ask me, bit then again, if their crowd is taking the leap of faith to move from Williamsburg or BP but are concerned about the integrity of the crowd, I guess this is a way to ensure the type of ppl who will be your neighbors. Other than those "blocks" of houses, the rest of the crowd is quite chassidish/heimish. You will hear mothers speaking to their children in Yiddish 7 out of 10 times, and those families that don't speak yiddish are still very aidel, refined, frum homes. Definitely not wearing sheitel below the collar bone or into couple-friends.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating