Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Scraped forehead and worried about scarring

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 10:47 am
Ds 8yr old fell and scraped his forehead about the size of a quarter. How do I prevent it from looking terrible?
He scars so easily. He recently bumped his head and was left with a indented white line on his forehead when it healed. I put bacitracin and suntan lotion once shabbos was over but it was to late. Now he has a thin white indented line an inch long down his forehead. I was so upset about it. It looked healed but I kept hoping it would get better looking. I put lots of suntan lotion on his face and he smeared it on that spot in daycamp before every outdoor activity. Didn't help.

He fell on the playground this week and came home with a large scrape on his forehead. I'm keeping it covered with a bandage with lots of bacitracin because it doesn't look good. I think it's infected. Do I have him soak his forehead or it will ruin the skin and wash off the soft scab that's forming and the skin will scar. I can go to the doctor for a stronger cream.

How do I keep it from from turning into an ugly scar?

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 10:50 am
Vitamin E oil.

every night.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 10:53 am
One of my kids tripped and cut his face a few years ago. It was not deep enough for stitches but did leave a scar. My husband used Mederma Advanced Scar Cream from Target and it worked great! You cant see the scar anymore.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 11:16 am
Is there anything to do as it's healing so it will end up looking ok?

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 11:21 am
there are so many scar creams out there. My dermatologist gave me one after a minor surgery to prevent scarring and it was amazing. I can't remember the name of it but when I googled I found this list: https://skinpractice.com/best-.....ream/
your doctor can help you choose one.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 11:43 am
amother wrote:
there are so many scar creams out there. My dermatologist gave me one after a minor surgery to prevent scarring and it was amazing. I can't remember the name of it but when I googled I found this list: https://skinpractice.com/best-.....ream/
your doctor can help you choose one.

Did you apply it right away on an open wound or after the incision healed?

HeartyAppetite

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 12:01 pm
Vitamin e oil works amazing. Even once you have a scar put it every night and it should heal.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sat, Jul 14 2018, 5:23 pm
Maxillofacial surgeon told us to put sunscreen and a hat on dd for 1 year after a major scrape on her face (major in diameter, not in depth - it was a wide scrape but did not need stitches) - said to keep it covered outside until it heals and then start the sunscreen and a hat. We are now 9 months after and no scarring.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children