Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Where do Ima's disappear to so suddenly?
  Previous  1  2  3   11  12  13  Next

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 7:40 am
Iymnok wrote:
LII?

What’s LII?

Raisin

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 8:22 am
A lot of posters who used to active on here and are no longer are active posters on various frum fb groups.

I think that is why this site more recently skews to the chasiddish or rw when it used to be more of a mix. A lot of chassidish/rw people don't have facebook for various reasons.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 8:30 am
amother wrote:
What in the world??? shock shock
IS THE ABOVE TRUE?? Scratching Head Scratching Head

It's kind of obvious that it's a joke.

About Jewishfoodie, her thread "the adorable things kids say" recently became active again and I was also missing her witty, sharp, hilarious comments to people's posts and therefore also noticed her absence.

And about posters changing their screen name- when someone changes her screen name, it changes the name to the new one on all her posts. So that would only be the case if she opens a new Imamother account.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 8:51 am
I always wondered what happened to
Barbara
Dolly Welch
Isramom8
Worlds best mom
Just to name a few... why did they leave?

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 10:31 am
amother wrote:
I always wondered what happened to
Barbara
Dolly Welch
Isramom8
Worlds best mom
Just to name a few... why did they leave?

Barbara had a bad experience. Dolly I hope she's well but I know she was having health issues. Isramom also had a bad experience. WBM, dunno.

BTW, about those who asked about posters leaving without a bad experience, you don't know what they experienced when posting anonymously. Many hurtful comments are addressed to amothers when they are posting vulnerable stuff. People usually post harmless things under their SN and more sensitive stuff under amother, which you wouldn't see on their posting history. So you don't know if any specific poster had a bad experience or not.

Just to keep in mind when replying to posts.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 10:41 am
I do remember that Jewish foodie was very active, like almost every post she had something to add or say till pesach & that was that for her.
WBM recently posted something I think in connection to her brothers upcoming yartzeit.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....rt=60

& I truly miss dolly. She was just so unique & wise.

watergirl

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 10:47 am
amother wrote:
Barbara had a bad experience. Dolly I hope she's well but I know she was having health issues. Isramom also had a bad experience. WBM, dunno.

BTW, about those who asked about posters leaving without a bad experience, you don't know what they experienced when posting anonymously. Many hurtful comments are addressed to amothers when they are posting vulnerable stuff. People usually post harmless things under their SN and more sensitive stuff under amother, which you wouldn't see on their posting history. So you don't know if any specific poster had a bad experience or not.

Just to keep in mind when replying to posts.

Barbara was not treated very nicely towards the end of her time here, and one person, iirc, said she knows who she is irl and and was just creepy. I miss her. I also miss dolly.

I agree that you never know who was bullied under amother for a vulnerable post. It could be that thats what happened to foodie. I hope not.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 11:23 am
What was isramoms bad experience?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 11:49 am
I posted frequently but was not popular. After being a SAHM for 20 years I went back to work full time. I am having my first quiet day in a long time and I came to check up.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 11:51 am
rgr wrote:
How about people whose last post was in 2012 and then pop up suddenly to post on a really random thread.

It's like, wow, a discussion about which ice cream flavor is your favorite is what is important enough to bring you out of posting hibernation of 6 years

Yeah, I think I once commented on another thread, how do some people stay on so long with such a low thread counts, and what makes a thread so special for them to come out of the woodwork. A few possibilities:
They post more as amother.
They do so many other things online that, believe it or not, imamother is not high on their list of places to check into.
Other.

seeker

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 11:56 am
World's best mom posted that she left because of the uptick in discussions that ran counter to Torah values.

At times the same issue has led me to stick to recipes and such.

WastingTime

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 12:42 pm
I personally use imamother as a procrastination tool mostly ( hence my screename). Instead of clearing dinner, washing dishes, putting kids to bed...
In better time periods I use it less, and worse I use it more. Same with facebook although there I am 99% a lurker because I am not interested in making public comments unless its helpful recommendations etc.
I don't post much on imamother either and am nota memorable imamother , I.e. not the witty/insghtful etc type that ppl would notice if I'm gone.

I think each member has her own reasons but honestly I personally would prefer to spend my time doing something that makes me feel accomplished, eventhough everyone does need to waste time here and there.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 1:09 pm
I initially left because it was becoming too much of a time suck and I was really spending an unhealthy amount of time on here. I did come back after a couple of months but decided to just lurk for awhile. Also I started getting more concerned about privacy. I didn't post too many personal details under my username, but still enough that I wasn't so comfortable with it anymore. Now I only post Anon. I've found this has also cut down a lot on my posting because I'm not going to post anon for something silly that really doesn't require going anon, so now I think, am I about to say something that reasonable people will go anon for, if not, I just move on. Also now that I've been "away" for so long, I don't really feel like coming back out and having to answer to a lot of "hey, long time no see!"

Re Barbara, while I'm not sure what exactly precipitated her exit, it must have been really serious because she has scrubbed most of her posts since she left. Someone must have threatened her or something.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 2:24 pm
I don’t remember Barbara...
I’ve been here a long time & remember all the others mentioned but not her

grace413

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 2:58 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

They do so many other things online that, believe it or not, imamother is not high on their list of places to check into.
Other.

PF, no way that could possibly be true. Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 3:10 pm
I've been bullied ... it certainly makes you want to leave; I miss a lot of posters - especially the ones that made this place real ~ times have changed since the small intimate group where you really knew whom you were relating to ... but with 30,216 registered users it just cannot be there

most importantly learning how to stay away from the crapola & when it's okay to come around can keep one more grounded

+ posting randomly about ice cream is quite important ~ considering it's national ice cream day Ice cream

boymom

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 10:35 pm
Hi. I logged in just to be able to answer. I used to be pretty active here but I found that when I got involved in a heated debate it took over my life and I kept on thinking about it way more than I wanted and I was sitting on here waaay to much.

so I keep on checking in to see whats happening but I dont want to become emotionally involved or waste too much time so I dont post at all.

I also wonder about some people- one poster I think her name was JCC UC or something like that. I can't remember exactly. she used to post a lot of sad posts. I havent seen her in a while so I hope she's ok. or maybe im just looking in the wrong forums?

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 12:01 am
I used to post mostly anonymously. It took me awhile to finally grow comfortable posting under my username. And I became very comfortable with it and enjoyed the sense of familiarity others had with me and felt like we had some kind of virtual relationship. But someone inadvertently revealed private information about me and I don’t really feel comfortable posting under my username.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 12:11 am
I doubt anyone would miss me if I was gone. I'm not witty enough or smart enough or outspoken enough to really matter much. Kind of makes me a little sad to think I've been on here so long and no one would really care. I'm not cool in real life and not cool online either. Oh well.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 12:16 am
amother wrote:
I doubt anyone would miss me if I was gone. I'm not witty enough or smart enough or outspoken enough to really matter much. Kind of makes me a little sad to think I've been on here so long and no one would really care. I'm not cool in real life and not cool online either. Oh well.

We need sane voices here, and you sound sane to me. Don't leave!

I've pretty much stopped posting under my screen name since a poster was really nasty and inappropriately personal. If you don't like what I have to say, respond to the argument, don't attack me as a person. And if what I say is valuable, who cares if it's anonymous?
Page 2 of 13   Previous  1  2  3   11  12  13  Next Recent Topics