Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Masoras Avos vs. Squver Lakewood

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 8:25 am
Looking for info on these to schools I want to get a full picture so please tell me the nice parts and what needs improvment of each. The crowd, the education, class size, discipline and midos, English education and teachers.

I know schools in Lakewood are very different than boro park but are these schools in any way similar to Ohr Moishe or Bais Yitzchock?

Thank You

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 8:35 am
They cater to very diff crowds. Skver is much more chassidish. The kids speak to each other in Yiddish. Masores avos has a more heimish-chassidish crowd. The kids speak to each other in English.

Most people who would send to one would not fit into the other...

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 9:03 am
A very much chasidish family. But family speaks mosly english would not fit in skver? In lakewood it has to do with what language you speak?

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 9:13 am
amother wrote:
A very much chasidish family. But family speaks mosly english would not fit in skver? In lakewood it has to do with what language you speak?

Sounds like my family. Have you tried Satmar or Talmud Torah Beis Avrohom. These seem more the type.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 9:23 am
bais avrham is impossible to get into. And satmar I know nothing about I thought it was't chasidish.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 9:25 am
Younger grades in Masores Avos are trending towards the more chasidish side so a yiddish speaking family will find their niche there.
Bais Avrohom stresses on levush more than Masores avos if you know what I'm referring to.
Ohr Moshe and Bais Yiztchok crowd can't either be compared actually.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 9:28 am
Masoras Avos is chassidish with a range. A handful of down hats, mostly up hats for wekk. 80% streimels. Rebbies talk only yiddish to kids but kids speak yiddish among themselves.
Secular studies are around hour a day. Idont know what kind of quality. Poorer than average litvish yeshiva but Iit exists.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 10:00 am
I have relatives in Masoras avos. None speak yiddish at home. I have a cousin there, they are litvish and 2 neighbors that are chassidish/heimish there.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 10:01 am
It is very difficult to get into Masoras avos. I think skver would be easier. How old are the kids?

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 10:05 am
amother wrote:
It is very difficult to get into Masoras avos. I think skver would be easier. How old are the kids?

Skver became quite difficult as well. Just what I heard from neighbors - so far I have only girls.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 10:09 am
Look into darchei avosainu.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 10:13 am
I wanted to know about the class size? Why is it easier in skver are there more boys in a class?

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 10:20 am
amother wrote:
Look into darchei avosainu.

I dont know anything about this yeshivah or satmar. I heard the most info about these two yeshivas and rachmis but I'm not sure that one is for me.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 10:22 am
I did'nt hear enough for me to get a clear picture. Some contradictions. So I'm looking for more information.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 2:00 pm
amother wrote:
bais avrham is impossible to get into. And satmar I know nothing about I thought it was't chasidish.

Similar croud to bais Avrohom.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 7:14 pm
op where did you end up being accepted? Are you happy?
I'm in your shoes now and trying to figure out where to apply to after Succos.
Rachmistrivk and skver are out.
Between Masores Avos, Bais Avrohom and this new Toras Yisroel?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 8:31 pm
Apply to all and see where you get in

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 9:11 pm
Apply to all!
Masoras avos and bais avrum are both very hard to get into. Although older clases are more mix Mesoras avos is only taking very chasidish with levush, (also makpid on ladies wearing beige stockings, covered shaitel..) yidish speaking families these days.
You could also try Darchei Avosainu, great school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics