Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Can I take this job?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
White

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 1:09 pm
sunflowershine wrote:
Hi. I was offered a nursery assistant job for the upcoming school year. Great hours, so I can be home for my kids buses. Super convenient location. Nice and friendly staff. Great school. Problem is it embarrassing for someone my age (high 20s) to take such a job? Usually it's young girls straight out of seminary. Here I'm married with a whole family of my own. I dont have a degree, haven't worked since my oldest was born, and don't want all the responsibility and headache of a teacher. An assistant doesn't have to deal with preparing, meeting parents.... Just is it really weird to tell people I'm just a simple assistant?? Should I feel stupid taking this job. Decent salary. Not the greatest pay, but whatever it is, is extra! I haven't worked since I had kids. Should I take it? Feel like a nerd? Embarrassed to tell people what I do? Question

My mother in law is almost 70 kah. She has been an assistant in pre school for 30+ years. She loves it.
Go for it, see if you enjoy it. It seems there are a lot of maalos to the position for you, your location, stage in life, kids ,even pay, etc.
Just smile and hold your head hi and appreciate that it's a job that works for you!

familyfirst

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 1:15 pm
Go for it... and it just may be a sori board to something bigger eventually.

imorethanamother

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 4:25 pm
sunflowershine wrote:
Hi. I was offered a nursery assistant job for the upcoming school year. Great hours, so I can be home for my kids buses. Super convenient location. Nice and friendly staff. Great school. Problem is it embarrassing for someone my age (high 20s) to take such a job? Usually it's young girls straight out of seminary. Here I'm married with a whole family of my own. I dont have a degree, haven't worked since my oldest was born, and don't want all the responsibility and headache of a teacher. An assistant doesn't have to deal with preparing, meeting parents.... Just is it really weird to tell people I'm just a simple assistant?? Should I feel stupid taking this job. Decent salary. Not the greatest pay, but whatever it is, is extra! I haven't worked since I had kids. Should I take it? Feel like a nerd? Embarrassed to tell people what I do? Question

Take it! I was thinking about how much I love kids and wish I could be around them more. Why not? Sounds like so much fun! Everyone loves the person who hangs out with their kids all day and tells them how cute they are.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 7:04 pm
My mil, high 60s, got a proper degree back in the day and had a real job before leaving to take care of all the kids. And now she's a nursery assistant. No shame in an honest job that works for you.

sunflowershine

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 12:36 am
Thank you everyone!

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 1:50 pm
I'm 39 and work as a preschool assistant. I love it. I've never sensed that anyone looks down on me, and if they do, so what? It's my life, not theirs.

mommyhood

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 2:00 pm
Where I live the preschool assistants range from 19-70. I never thought it was weird, I just assumed they wanted a job on the school schedule without the headache of preparation.

bwaybabe85

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 2:02 pm
My mother was a nursery/pre-school assistant morah for years. She took the job after having kids. As someone else said, the best morahs are mommies/grandmas!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics