Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Any stores selling Organic Veg., walking distance from BP?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 2:18 pm
I know Organic Circle delivers, but you have to buy $50 worth and I like to choose myself.

The store on Ft Hamilton, in the 60s has a very limited selection of Organic produce.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 2:33 pm
Costco has a big variety of organic vegetables.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 2:36 pm
amother wrote:
Costco has a big variety of organic vegetables.

Thanks but thats not walking distance at all.

I buy Organic Kale for smoothies pretty often, and it gets yellow after 2-3 days in fridge, so I need somewhere close.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 2:45 pm
Breadberry carries organic lettuce varieties. I don't think they carry the organic version of kale but not call and ask?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 2:47 pm
amother wrote:
I know Organic Circle delivers, but you have to buy $50 worth and I like to choose myself.

The store on Ft Hamilton, in the 60s has a very limited selection of Organic produce.

Some areas in bp are walking distance to natural frontier or flatbush food coop on cortelyou, which is near 16th ave after mcdonald

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 3:01 pm
amother wrote:
Some areas in bp are walking distance to natural frontier or flatbush food coop on cortelyou, which is near 16th ave after mcdonald

Thanks but neither are walking distance from 14/52.

I wonder if the Chinese have an Organic Produce store on 7th Ave.

How do those stores compare selection-wise and price-wise to Organic Circle? I remember Flatbush Co-op not being that clean.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 2:03 pm
So BP has loads of banks, and loads of groceries, but clearly not enough demand for Organic Produce, when many best selling authors recommend buying Organic produce.

I guess not too many BP people are familiar with Amazon Best Selling Health books or they choose not to prioritize this.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 2:14 pm
amother wrote:
So BP has loads of banks, and loads of groceries, but clearly not enough demand for Organic Produce, when many best selling authors recommend buying Organic produce.

I guess not too many BP people are familiar with Amazon Best Selling Health books or they choose not to prioritize this.

Best selling does not equal must follow.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 2:29 pm
LOL
There's a lot of hype out there and while the ideal of organic is a good one, the application is not so.
There's a lot of misinterpretation in the organic world and many of us have decided that the lies are not worth the extra cost and effort.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 2:36 pm
amother wrote:

"Amazon Best Seller" doesn't mean "based upon verifiable scientific facts." It may simply mean "purchased by a lot of sheeple just like the rather nasty author of this comment."

For example, after analyzing 240 studies about the nutritional value of organic food, the authors of a 2012 review study published in the Annals of Internal Medicine concluded that they “[lack] strong evidence that organic foods are significantly more nutritious than conventional foods.” Perhaps the folks in BP choose to believe those studies, rather than a review of Amazon's best seller list.

Or perhaps they choose to support small farmers, local growth and biodiversity through CSAs.

Or any one of a million other things.

Sheesh.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 2:42 pm
Gourmet Glatt in Lakewood opened a whole organic section. Perhaps they did the same for the Brooklyn store.

InnerMe

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 3:40 pm
amother wrote:

What a weird comment.
It's also generally wise to refrain from attacking or ridiculing the very people you'd like guidance from.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries