Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Question about gratitude

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 1:59 pm
Hashem is so good!!!!! How do I thank Him for all the good He does for me?

chicco

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 2:00 pm
By kiddush Hashem and sharing His kindness.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 2:03 pm
That's beautiful, thank you

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 2:07 pm
Work hard to do the things He asks you to do.

Hashem is a very communicative partner. No need to read Five Love Languages. He already gave us a list of 613 ways to connect with Him, and empowered thousands of Chachomim to explain exactly how He likes them done.

Learn Chassidus to discover how to make this gratitude into an enduring love that will persist.

Share the beauty of Yiddishkeit with others.

Bring Moshiach!

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 2:22 pm
amother wrote:
Work hard to do the things He asks you to do.

Hashem is a very communicative partner. No need to read Five Love Languages. He already gave us a list of 613 ways to connect with Him, and empowered thousands of Chachomim to explain exactly how He likes them done.

Learn Chassidus to discover how to make this gratitude into an enduring love that will persist.

Share the beauty of Yiddishkeit with others.

Bring Moshiach!

This.
Also,
Hashem specifically LOVES tzniyus.
I have a good friend who was struggling with tzniyus and when she heard that it she became extremely tzniyus, completely out of love for Hashem. Don't know the source but she knows it by heart, I could ask if if you're interested.

In any case, any of the 613 will do, but I just know Hashem speicifcally loves tzniyus...so if you really want to do something he will love....

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 2:25 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
This.
Also,
Hashem specifically LOVES tzniyus.
I have a good friend who was struggling with tzniyus and when she heard that it she became extremely tzniyus, completely out of love for Hashem. Don't know the source but she knows it by heart, I could ask if if you're interested.

In any case, any of the 613 will do, but I just know Hashem speicifcally loves tzniyus...so if you really want to do something he will love....

I'm not doubting you, but how do we know that hashem particularly loves tznius more than other mitzvos?

zaq

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 2:36 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not doubting you, but how do we know that hashem particularly loves tznius more than other mitzvos?

We don’t. This is just the mitzvah trend of the decade, or maybe the generation, as a reaction to the rampant licentiousness that keeps escalating. Just when you think things can’t possibly degenerate any further, they do. So frum society responds by pulling harder in the opposite direction.

I take leave to doubt that the KBH has a most beloved mitzvah, but if He did, I would think it would be one for which he states the reward is long life.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 2:36 pm
amother wrote:

Just asked friend:
There's a posuk "Ain licha yafeh m'hatzniyut"
"Hatzneiya leches im Elokim" can be translated as humble or tzniyus.

She was in a rush and couldn't remember the source...if anyone has it please chime in.
I'm sooo bad at sources...

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 2:39 pm
zaq wrote:
We don’t. This is just the mitzvah trend of the decade, or maybe the generation, as a reaction to the rampant licentiousness that keeps escalating. Just when you think things can’t possibly degenerate any further, they do. So frum society responds by pulling harder in the opposite direction.

I take leave to doubt that the KBH has a most beloved mitzvah, but if He did, I would think it would be one for which he states the reward is long life.

Besides for the posukim I just mentioned, there's another thing I've head about tzniyus being the equivalent mitvah for a man's Torah Learning.

In any case, ANYTHING you do for Hashem, he will love! Anything you want to work on, is great! Was just telling you what I heard about tzniyus, but personally I think the best way to thank him is to work on a specific thing that's personally hard for you, and well...spread the joy!!! Use your gifts and talents he gave you to help others, yourself, and family!

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 2:41 pm
You can find a source for any given mitzvah being the most important, as well as numerous sources saying that Torah study is more important than mitzvos and vice versa.

But every neshama has a mitzvah it naturally gravitates towards, and mitzvos it finds most challenging. Those are a great place to start!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions