Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Getting makeup done at macys which brand do u reccom?
Previous  1  2  3

crystal

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 6:00 am
My apologies for jumping to conclusions. It's just the way you worded the OP, looking to get your face done at Macy's for a wedding, coupled with what I know some people do without compunction, made me react that way.

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 6:22 am
We like Laura mercier. both my teens and I - in my mid 40s- use it. We’ve done makeovers by them more than once.

Clinique has a great skin care routine. My daughter who suddenly developed acne long past puberty uses it every day and her skin cleared up. We don’t love their make up tho. It was fine when they applied it, we just got better results with Laura mercier when trying to replicate at home.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 1:22 pm
amother wrote:
Im getting my makeup done at macys for a wedding, which brand /counter do u think I should go to based on your experience ??

Thank you.

Mac. It's a minimum $60 purchase

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 1:23 pm
crystal wrote:
Are you sure that's not considered stealing? I have heard that people do it but frankly, I'm appalled.

No. I call them and tell them I want a makeover for a wedding, how is that stealing?

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 1:24 pm
Amarante wrote:
You really have to buy something as it would be incredibly chutzpadick to not buy anything after they've done your makeup. If it isn't explicit as part of the policy, then it is an unwritten contract.

I don't even know if anyone does that anymore - I.e. full face for free. I think MAC now charges and you need to make an appointment.

Mac charges a holding fee.. to be applied towards your purchase.

libadmin

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 3:56 pm
Sephora does mini-makeovers for free-see the following information:

Get a free 15 minute mini makeover…

A lot of people don’t even know that this service exists but Sephora offers free 15-minute “mini makeovers”. A mini makeover focuses on one area such as a smokey eye, eyeliner, foundation, etc. You won’t get a free full-face makeover but you do get one part of your face made over for free. This is also a great time to learn new techniques and how to use different products.

Or a full-face 45 minute Customized Makeup Application (CMA).

If you’re going to an event or out with your friends for the night, stopping by Sephora for a CMA or Customized Makeup Application is a great idea. With a $50 purchase (which is pretty easy to do!) you can get your entire face made up from skincare to foundation even all the way down to the setting spray at the end. You’ll learn a ton of application techniques and things especially for your face/eye shape. In many Sephoras you need to call ahead of time and make an appointment because you’ll be working with someone certified in CMAs.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics