Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Is 6 qt instant pot big enough???

little neshamala

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 8:32 pm
Ive been meaning to buy an instant pot for a while now, and now I see that the 6 qt is 40% off for amazon prime day.
Is 6 qt big enough for 5 eaters? 6?
Is it true that the 8 qt takes longer to come to pressure? How much longer?

I really want to get the 6 qt for cheap, but not if it wont make more than 4 portions....I keep reading conflicting info when I google...

Thanks!!

watergirl

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 8:43 pm
Yes, 6 quart is plenty. My friends who have the 8 quart regret it. Its bigger so it takes longer to come to pressure. More liquid = longer time to pressurize.

Eta - I can make 3 gefilta fish loaves in my 6 quart, 3 lbs meat balls, 7 chicken leg/thighs AND potatos at the same time, a ton of meat and pasta...

tweety1

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 8:51 pm
Watergirl, how do you fit 7 chicken legs plus potatoes in?? Come to my house and show me. I find the 6 quart very snug for my family.

kiryat sefer

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 9:03 pm
My mother bought herself a 8-quart and it was too much for 5 people. I would tell you to get the six

watergirl

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 9:04 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Watergirl, how do you fit 7 chicken legs plus potatoes in?? Come to my house and show me. I find the 6 quart very snug for my family.

Fingerling potatos, sorry. I do it with no problem.

shyshira

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 9:09 pm
Between making yogurt and, mac and cheese.... I'm really happy I have dairy one too...

little neshamala

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 9:43 pm
Thank you!

Rhom

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 9:52 pm
How long do you put gefilte fish in for? I didn't realize I can make that in my instant pot

Tia!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 1:29 am
watergirl wrote:
Yes, 6 quart is plenty. My friends who have the 8 quart regret it. Its bigger so it takes longer to come to pressure. More liquid = longer time to pressurize.

Eta - I can make 3 gefilta fish loaves in my 6 quart, 3 lbs meat balls, 7 chicken leg/thighs AND potatos at the same time, a ton of meat and pasta...

Is that 7 chicken legs and 7 thighs, or 7 pieces total consisting of a combination of legs or thighs?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars