Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
PSA: Build a bear pay your age event tomorrow 7/12

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 8:33 pm
https://www.buildabear.com/bra.....712=1

There is some fine print. You have to join their bonus club, but that's free. Also, you can get the stuffed animal for cheap but you still have to pay for clothing and accessories. Still, it sounds like a good deal for mothers with young children who don't have a fortune to spend on camp Mommy.

Amother only because I've been telling people about this IRL and I don't want to out myself here.

tryinghard

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 10:34 pm
You know there are many of us who have been telling our friends IRL LOL

lucky14

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 11:23 pm
This is going to be crazy packed right? Do you think there will be lines at opening?

cozyblanket

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 11:45 pm
I'm thinking of taking my 4 yr old, but I'm worried about the big crowd.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 8:40 am
I know this is from a few days ago, but who went? I heard it was cancelled due to safety, the number of people.

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 9:21 am
I passed a build a bear that day. First I just was wondering at the unusually large crowd on the sidewalk, until I noticed the store sign. The entire sidewalk outside of the build a bear store and the surrounding stores was mobbed! People couldnt pass. I wouldnt even consider trying to get a bear that day.

vet techy

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 10:01 am
I was at the mall and spoke to a worker there who said the line was 6 hours long and some mother's went there with their 1 yr old at 6 in the morning to wait on line.
They emailed a 15 dollar gift voucher and said to please wait a few weeks to come so won't be crowded and sorry this happened that they had to turn people away.
They also introduced the month of your birthday you could do the same pay your age.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 10:26 am
vet techy wrote:
I was at the mall and spoke to a worker there who said the line was 6 hours long and some mother's went there with their 1 yr old at 6 in the morning to wait on line.
They emailed a 15 dollar gift voucher and said to please wait a few weeks to come so won't be crowded and sorry this happened that they had to turn people away.
They also introduced the month of your birthday you could do the same pay your age.

It's not quite the same. The Count Your Candles program is for a specific Birthday Bear ($14 value). Still great deal that I plan on taking advantage of, but it's not for any stuffed animal in the store.

lucky14

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 10:49 pm
I went- waited in line for like an hour and realized at the pace it was moving we'd be there for at least another 2 hours (prob more like 3 hours) so we left. Luckily my child is young enough not to care. I printed the voucher and will just go another time. Or I may just wait for his next birthday since I doubt he'll care it's the birthday bear.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 11:10 pm
lucky14 wrote:
I went- waited in line for like an hour and realized at the pace it was moving we'd be there for at least another 2 hours (prob more like 3 hours) so we left. Luckily my child is young enough not to care. I printed the voucher and will just go another time. Or I may just wait for his next birthday since I doubt he'll care it's the birthday bear.

You can do both!

lucky14

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 12:03 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
You can do both!

I know, but the second option will probably be cheaper so I may just do that. Smile

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 2:10 am
vet techy wrote:

I want one but I'll be turning 33 so I won't be saving much 🤣🤣🤣 sending my kids instead LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics