Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Prime Membership

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 6:20 pm
I need to get rid of prime for financial reasons. Thing is, I use prime video as a destresser at night after my dc goes to sleep....is it worth canceling and switch to hulu or Netflix with more options?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 6:23 pm
The cheapest Netflix plan is about $8 a month, so it won't be cheaper to go that route. $8 × 12 months = $96 annually.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 6:26 pm
But, once my prime gets renewed, its $119/yr. $96 is alot better...

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 6:29 pm
Yes but the other benefits of prime may be worth the difference.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 6:31 pm
amother wrote:

Yeah but for the extra $23 you may as well do the prime and get all the benefits of prime membership

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 6:33 pm
All I keep doing is spending mney I dont really have. Thats why I want to get rid of it...

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 6:34 pm
amother wrote:

its 19% better. so not a lot.

if you are looking for some savings - watch you tube videos. Of see if your local library offers streaming content (mine does).

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 7:12 pm
get rid of it, install a decent (free) virus scanner, and use the free video sites like watchseries.to

lucky14

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 7:23 pm
amother wrote:
get rid of it, install a decent (free) virus scanner, and use the free video sites like watchseries.to

dooooon't do this! There is no way for them to catch everything. I wouldn't risk it.

Don't switch to hulu though. I don't know what prime offers but hulu doesn't have much. I have it and am planning on stopping my subscription next month. Maybe I'll re-subscribe (for one more month) when Handmaid's Tale is over just to be able to finish watching the season.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 7:44 pm
I wouldn't change for 25 dollars.netflix has nothing. Prima at least there r so many other benefits....

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 7:51 pm
I wouldn't change for 25 dollars.netflix has nothing. Prima at least there r so many other benefits....

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 3:27 am
I also buy a lot on Amazon prime. I think it's what allows me to hold down my full time job. Saves me so much time.
Are you buying things you need and would buy anyway?

pesek zman

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 5:07 am
If I had prime I would buy lots of things (just cuz of the free shipping) that I don't really need. Same with Costco. I completely see where OP is coming from. Save your $. Either get Netflix or Hulu (and watch less tv!) or try other ways to de-stress that cost less

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 5:21 am
What sort of internet and phone service do you have? Add on the TV option to Optimum and download their app to your phone for watching.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 7:20 am
I am a bit confused - do you want to get rid of Amazon Prime because you are compulsively shopping or just because the monthly fee is too much.

As others have posted, amazon prime represents an amazing value if used wisely. I use subscribe and save as well as prime pantry for convenience and because savings are good. It is also a huge time saver in terms of not having to go to the store and also allows me to easily comparison shop for all kinds of different items.

The streaming video is a real bargain as well.

If you are having problems regarding compulsive shopping, there are ways to help control that while still maintaining the benefits of amazon prime. Is that your question?

lizard8

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 7:48 am
I take advantage of a lot of deals on amazon and its delivered to my door. I have saved way over $19/ year on items I actually use and needed. I am always on the lookout for subscribe and save deals, that and the extra 15% (with 5 or more items) has save me a lot on basics like toilet paper, paper towel, cereal, cleaning supplies, shampoo and toothpaste.

Amazon is also great for the items you aren't sure where to find. Instead of running around to assorted stores, you can search and have it delivered in two days or less.

I also take advantage of same day delivery, when I really need something asap.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics