Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Do u mind If I brag a bit? Update 4/19/19
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

crust

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 3:02 am
amother wrote:
I slowly completely changed my diet. This is not how I started this is what it evolved to.
I have 2 light Greek yogurts & a 1/2 cup of friut or dry cornflakes for breakfast.
A salad with tuna or eggs or chick peas & a beef stick or canned salmon for lunch.
Chicken or meat or fish with a non starch vegetable or salad for dinner.
Nothing other then water or coffee with a drop of Splenda between meals.

So since Purim time you lost 50 pounds?! Thats not even 3 months so its approximately 4 pounds a week. Wow! And it doesn't look like you are starving. It looks like you are eating lots of protein. Keep it up!

Cookie Monster

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 7:35 am
crust wrote:
So since Purim time you lost 50 pounds?! Thats not even 3 months so its approximately 4 pounds a week. Wow! And it doesn't look like you are starving. It looks like you are eating lots of protein. Keep it up!

Since last year Purim. Healthy way to go, OP!

chag334

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 8:04 am
I would be famished if that’s all I ate!! Maybe that’s why I have a good 30lbs to lose. Sad

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 8:25 am
Gneshe wrote:
Thanks!
Do you have milk with your coffee?
Did you make up this food plan yourself?

I have some unsweetened almond milk in (decaffeinated) coffee.
My husband went to a nutritionist after I lost 30 lbs. I took some ideas from his plan. Like the yogurts for breakfast.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 8:28 am
crust wrote:

Like Cookie Monster said I started last year Purim time. I took me a year & 3 months to lose the 50 lbs.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 10:40 am
I’m down 63 lbs!!
I just read my first post & I can’t believe how far I have come!!
My original goal was to lose some weight & be healthier. When I saw that I can do it I set my goal at 50 lbs. Now I’m aiming for 80lbs. If I get there medically I would not be overweight for the first time in my adult life!!
I really never thought I could do this. My whole life is so different & so much better!!

my mama

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 11:22 am
Good for you! We're all rooting for you and so proud!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 11:26 am
That’s amazing! Did you have to change your diet to continue loosing? Do you constantly need to shop for a new clothing size?

saralem

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 12:44 pm
That’s fantastic! You must feel so good, both physically and emotionally. Very inspirational.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 1:14 pm
I had Bariatric surgery a year ago, and lost 120 lbs so far. All clothes are falling down.. Went from size 26 to 10, but I'm terrified of gaining the weight back

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 1:30 pm
chag334 wrote:
I would be famished if that’s all I ate!! Maybe that’s why I have a good 30lbs to lose. Sad

I've always said this about diet plans and I'll say it again. People think there's some magic strategy that a diet coach or nutritionist can help with. There isn't. Dieting involves trading in the foods we like such is danishes, pasta, bread, sugar, pizza, and desserts, for egg whites, salads, veggies, and plain chicken.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 3:10 pm
amother wrote:
That’s amazing! Did you have to change your diet to continue loosing? Do you constantly need to shop for a new clothing size?

I haven’t changed anything for about 3/4 months. I just stick with it even when the scale won’t move down & even goes up for a week or two I stick to it & then it starts going down again.
I did up my cardio time to 30 min a day & there is almost no excuse for not exercising 7 days a week. Since pesach I missed 1 day.
I do need to keep get smaller things. I try to buy a bit small so it lasts longer.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 3:14 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
I had Bariatric surgery a year ago, and lost 120 lbs so far. All clothes are falling down.. Went from size 26 to 10, but I'm terrified of gaining the weight back

I was considering it. My husband really didn’t want me to do it. I never thought I could lose the weight on my own.
The way I see it in order to keep the weight off I’m never going to change the way I’m eating. It’s a lifestyle change me made. We eat totally differently then we did a year ago & I have no plans to go back to our bad habits. Yes once or twice a month we will “cheat”. But in general this is our lifestyle now.
I’m not on a diet till I lose the weight I’m on a “diet” for the rest of my life. Hopefully like this I will keep it off.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 3:17 pm
amother wrote:
I've always said this about diet plans and I'll say it again. People think there's some magic strategy that a diet coach or nutritionist can help with. There isn't. Dieting involves trading in the foods we like such is danishes, pasta, bread, sugar, pizza, and desserts, for egg whites, salads, veggies, and plain chicken.

Your right it’s deciding that being healthy & thin is more important to you then the sweets, fats & carbs you enjoy eating.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 12:38 pm
OP, you're amazing! I have 50-60 lbs. to lose, and I'm having a very difficult time with it.
What other tips can you share?

Do you write your food down? Did you do that in the beginning until you got used to the new foods you were eating? Do you log anything else (exercise, water intake)?

Did you get a 'partner'? Or this was an internal change that you just stuck with?

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 2:29 pm
amother wrote:
OP, you're amazing! I have 50-60 lbs. to lose, and I'm having a very difficult time with it.
What other tips can you share?

Do you write your food down? Did you do that in the beginning until you got used to the new foods you were eating? Do you log anything else (exercise, water intake)?

Did you get a 'partner'? Or this was an internal change that you just stuck with?

I never wrote anything down.
But I keep track of what I eat, drink & my exercise.
My dh was so supportive from day one. I would not have been able to do it without him. After I lost 35 it inspired him to get healthy & as of now he lost about 50lbs. So we are definitely in it together.

The best advice I can give you is make small changes once you get used to the change make another till you get to a diet that works for you.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 11:12 am
amother wrote:
The best advice I can give you is make small changes once you get used to the change make another till you get to a diet that works for you.

Thank you! This part of your post really speaks to me. It's probably the only way for all of these changes to become habits.

You are an inspiration. Wish me luck!

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 11:20 am
amother wrote:
Thank you! This part of your post really speaks to me. It's probably the only way for all of these changes to become habits.

You are an inspiration. Wish me luck!

That’s what worked for me. I tried so many different “diets” but nothing was sustainable till now & I think that doing it slowly is what made the difference.

I wish you all the luck in the world & the strength to get through the hard days. Once you start seeing the difference in your weight & how you feel it gets so much easier.
Post here any time you need some support & I’ll do my best to help you.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 7:25 am
Last year Erev Pesach I made it to 200 lbs. It was a major victory for me. This morning I’m at 176. It’s been hard staying between 175&180 but BH I have been able to do it.
I never dreamed I would be able to lose so much let alone maintain it.
Have a wonderful Yom Tov

livinginflatbus

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 7:47 am
Wow so happy for you !! You must feel so liberated !
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise