Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Film “little white lie”

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 6:22 am
I may be a little late to the game but I just watched “little white lie” on amazon.
And it just accured to me that this woman has announced to the world that she is a mamzeres. Thankfully she married a non Jew but I’m curious as to the status of her kids.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 7:27 am
amother wrote:
I may be a little late to the game but I just watched “little white lie” on amazon.
And it just accured to me that this woman has announced to the world that she is a mamzeres. Thankfully she married a non Jew but I’m curious as to the status of her kids.

I didn't watch it but why thankfully? Her children could end up lost from the Jewish nation.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 7:50 am
amother wrote:
I didn't watch it but why thankfully? Her children could end up lost from the Jewish nation.

They’d be mamzerim anyway. What future would they have?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 8:04 am
If she's a mamzeres her children from a non Jew are the same, iirc.
A man can marry a girl before her conversion and have the kids convert, but for a woman?

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 8:22 am
amother wrote:
They’d be mamzerim anyway. What future would they have?

There are halachik ways to stay Jewish. She could have married a ger.
Show sadness at the possible loss of her Jewish children.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 8:31 am
She's probably not halachically a mamzer. If there weren't two witnesses to the affair, a BD would likely not declare it. It doesn't matter that DNA shows who her biological father is, nor does it matter that her mother admits to it or that she made a movie about it. If the BD does not say so, then she isn't. And there are very specific requirements for a BD to declare it.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:37 am
amother wrote:
She's probably not halachically a mamzer. If there weren't two witnesses to the affair, a BD would likely not declare it. It doesn't matter that DNA shows who her biological father is, nor does it matter that her mother admits to it or that she made a movie about it. If the BD does not say so, then she isn't. And there are very specific requirements for a BD to declare it.

Since when do there have to be two witnesses to the affair? This isn’t capital punishment

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:39 am
amother wrote:
Since when do there have to be two witnesses to the affair? This isn’t capital punishment

This is how halacha is ruled and how it's applied today.

soundofsilence

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 12:32 pm
I didn't watch the show but from what I read online, the mother had an affair with a non-Jew. That doesn't make her a mamzeres.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics