Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Ended up with too many Staples gift cards

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 11:38 am
Hi I tried to take advantage of a deal on Prime day, ended up with $500 in Staples gift cards. I don't ever shop there. Would anyone want to buy these off me? I would sell them to you at a discount? I'm sure so many businesses would do this but I'm too shy to knock on doors

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 11:48 am
Try gift card sites like CardCash, Cardpool, or Raise. Cardpool, for example, would give you $439 in an Amazon gift card in exchange for the $500 Staples gift cards, or a bit less if you opt for a check.

Last edited by Amelia Bedelia on Wed, Jul 18 2018, 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

chicco

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 11:57 am
Staples sells gift cards. Can you use them to buy Amazon/target/ a whole bunch of other cards?

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 12:17 pm
chicco wrote:
Staples sells gift cards. Can you use them to buy Amazon/target/ a whole bunch of other cards?

No, they don't allow this.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 12:22 pm
amother wrote:
No, they don't allow this.

Correct. Before I got the cards, I called my local store to make sure I'll be okay to buy gift cards with it and they said it would be okay but when I went to buy them today, they refused
Hence my problem

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 12:23 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Try gift card sites like CardCash, Cardpool, or Raise. Cardpool, for example, would give you $439 in an Amazon gift card in exchange for the $500 Staples gift cards, or a bit less if you opt for a check.

Thanks!

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 1:31 pm
amother wrote:
Hi I tried to take advantage of a deal on Prime day, ended up with $500 in Staples gift cards. I don't ever shop there. Would anyone want to buy these off me? I would sell them to you at a discount? I'm sure so many businesses would do this but I'm too shy to knock on doors

Did you receive them as a premium, or actually purchase them?

If the former, look into selling them, as someone else mentioned.

If the latter, (1) I'd love to hear about it, as I wasn't aware of it; and (2) consider donating at least a portion to your kids' schools (or your school, if you don't have kids), as tzedaka.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics