Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Pizza dough question

Chickpea

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 11:52 am
I made a double portion of pizza dough last evening with the intention of making two pizzas. I only made one, wrapped up the other glob of dough and put it in the fridge. Is it too late to freeze it, or do I have to use it up today?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 12:11 pm
Freeze it. Not too late.

Chickpea

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 12:19 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Freeze it. Not too late.

Thanks Amelia Bedelia. How many hours does it need to defrost, preferably in the fridge?
I already let it rise last night. Btw, it was still rising overnight like crazy! It's bulging out of its wrapper. I hope it doesn't taste too yeasty.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 6:15 pm
Preferably defrost overnight

nicole81

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 6:18 pm
Fyi I let my pizza dough rise in the fridge for 2-3 days and it's not yeasty at all, so not only is it fine to freeze tonight, you could even use it or freeze it tomorrow. I usually let them rise in a 2 gallon ziploc so it doesn't blow out of the wrapping.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 7:59 pm
When I ran my pizza restaurant, I found that freezing didn’t work well. I’d make something and then freeze it. Baked pizza freezes better than dough. And if you do freeze it, freeze as flat as possibles it will thaw more consistently
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads