Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais Yaakov of Monsey

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 8:30 pm
What can you tell me about it? Hashkafa? Families and girls that go there? Academics? Where do girls go after for seminary and college? Thanx

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 8:38 pm
I don't know much about the school, but 2 of my neighbors daughters attend that school. Both are extremely fine frum very erlich yeshivish families. The girls are very refined & seem to have great middos.
None of my neighbors girls attended seminary or collage so far.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 5:03 am
My daughter is in a different high school
Her friends and my neighbors that attend Bais Yaakov are a mixed group.

The girls I know that graduated either went to Bais Yaakov intensive (in Boro Park), got married right away, or seminary in Israel. I don't know anyone that went to college or work, but again, I don't have a DD in that school.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 6:53 am
I went to BYM about 25 years ago. IMVHO the school has shifted more to the right since I went there. When I went, there was more of a mix and it was more open-minded. The Rebetzin was a very intellectual woman, and the school had solid Torah Hashkafos while respecting a high standard of education and not overly pushing Kollel. (I was from a very frum but not yeshivish family, and went on to get a degree from a frum college-program. I married a learning boy. Alot of girls in my grade pursued a degree after seminary.) Almost everyone in my grade went to seminary - more than half to E"Y.

By the time my younger sister went to BYM - 15 years later - it had moved more to the right. There were certain changes in the curriculum under Rebetzin Paretsky, and I think the tone of the school became more Kollel-yeshivish oriented. Still, my sister is very similar to me - and she also got a degree and works, her husband learns but I think he will go into business in the long term.

My niece just graduated BYM this past June. She's very frum, very yeshivish, very refined. She's going to seminary and wants to teach after that. It's possible she may do a college degree - her parents may encourage that. We'll see.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 3:02 pm
I graduated almost 10(!) Years ago.
Lots of girls have degrees, but it may have changed since my time
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics