Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How much PTO do u have?
1  2  Next

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:16 pm
For those of u that work in offices how much PTO do u get? we have only 10 days and I'm almost done them...I think it's way too little....

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:18 pm
Is it a frum office?Does that include Yomim tovim?

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:19 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Is it a frum office?Does that include Yomim tovim?

yes frum office-does not include yom tov

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:22 pm
So you have to take yom tov days from those 10'days. Or you get yom tov off in ADDITION to the 10 days?

ces

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:23 pm
I get 27, that includes Yom tov/ legal holidays/ sick days - any day that I would take off for any reason

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:25 pm
pesek zman wrote:
So you have to take yom tov days from those 10'days. Or you get yom tov off in ADDITION to the 10 days?

we get yom tov in addition to 10 days but we have to work chol hamoed

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:28 pm
Sounds fair to me. You pretty much get an additional 12 days a year. So that's 22 days. Which is what I get in a professional (non office, non frum) setting

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:29 pm
Corporate professional job for me (not frum of course) and I started out with 21 days PTO and after being promoted to a certain level I now get 26 PTO. I also get 2 (some years 3) floating holidays. So in total I have 28 days to use as I choose (vacation, Yom Tov, sick...). Most go towards Yom Tov.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:41 pm
Another corporate worker here - it starts at about 4 weeks/year, including sick time and legal holidays. The allowance increases annually and maxes out at about 6-7 weeks/year. No extra days off just for Jewish holidays; it comes out of PTO. I have quite a bit of seniority, so I can take a day off here and there and an actual vacation about every three years.

cfriedman2

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:52 pm
all main legal holidays off, all jewish holidays off (not chol hamoed but we are usually each given 1 day of chol hamoed per holiday off in addition) and 10 days on top of that.

gibberish

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 3:03 pm
10 days total. I almost never take off since it doesn't even cover yom tov.

cookies6

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 3:07 pm
I work in a frum office as well. At the start we only get 5 days and then it goes up to 10 after two years I think. We get paid yom tov off but not chol hamoed. All my days usually go towards chol hamoed.

mha3484

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 3:14 pm
I work for a tiny frum office. I get all yomtovim amd major legal holidays off. I get 7 personal days in addition.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 3:33 pm
20 PTO, 9 sick . Sick can be paid out at end of year. PTO does not get paid out .

No Jewish holidays .

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 6:50 pm
I work as a nurse. I get about 220 hours per year, which is around 18 days since each day is 12.5 hours. That being said I only work 3 days a week so I never really have to use them for yomim tovim

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 7:00 pm
I think my dh gets around 21 days. non-Jewish company so he has to take y"t from that.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 8:26 pm
amother wrote:
we get yom tov in addition to 10 days but we have to work chol hamoed

We get YT off. Chol Hamoed is not included and we too need to work. And we only have off 2 legal holidays a year.
We get 2.5 weeks PTO which comes out to 13 work days. And after five years that goes up to 3.5 weeks off at 18 days PTO annually.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 8:37 pm
work in a school , get 10 sick days, 2 personal

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 8:43 pm
Zero.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 9:03 pm
Unless u work in a frum school , dont most workplaces require workers to work on chol hamoed??? Even when I worked in a frum office they required me to work on chol hamoed. Of course, the frum heads of the department were allowed to take off the entire yom tov and they went away for yom tov knowing I and a few other "lower workers" were there on chol hamoed to make sure everything went smoothly.

Op, I get 10 PTO and separately I take off yom tov but dont get paid for the yom tov days off.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics