Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sleep training with twins

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 11:15 am
I'm due with twins soon. I would like to be prepared with sleep training and schedules. Any recommendations on books to read? No cry it out methods, and not too rigid. Thanks.

tryinghard

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 1:00 pm
My sister has twins a few years ago, and she felt the same way as you about being prepared and not crying it out. What she went through in sleep-training them led her to train as a bay sleep coach. She works with many different scenarios, and is extremely affordable (compared to other sleep trainers) because she does it all remotely. She helps you to come up with a plan that will work for YOU, and she holds your hand, virtually, through every step of the process.

www.babysleepmaven.com

Hope I'm not breaking any Imamother rules with this plug, I just think she could be a major help - twins is really really tough!

melbee

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:16 pm
I had twins over a year ago and just sort of made it up as I went, just like I did with my single babies. It was pretty much the same and B"H they are great sleepers. I would suggest crossing that bridge when you get there, just being pregnant with twins is stressful enough!

SS6099

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:18 pm
My twins are 3. I didn't sleep train per se, but I put them on a schedule from the getgo. So worth the effort, since it's extremely overwhelming as it is!

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:23 pm
I have twins (7-months old) and all my "plans" (haha!) went out the window pretty quick. I think it's good to have ideas of what you'd like to try, but just like with parenting any child(ren), things change. With my first kid I wasn't a fan of rigidly scheduling babies. I'm still not a big fan of it, but I'm making more of an effort to at least get everyone sleeping/napping in synch whenever possible. As for sleep training at night? It's definitely been a bit tougher, but nothing like how hard I expected it to be. I formula-feed, so I'm sure that helps tremendously. (Even from the beginning the babies slept longer than they probably would have if they were breastfed, and my husband could help with feeding them).

Bshaa tova!! Twins are really fun!! :-)

GOODMOM

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:29 pm
I'm a Bobby who has twin einiklech. So I guess I'm capable of giving advice. My daughter bought the book "Twelve hrs of sleep at 12 weeks". Bh she is successful following the program promoted in the book. I was so impressed with this program, that I literally promoted this book to half of my family and neighbours. Everyone is bentching me!

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 3:24 pm
Thanks for all the advice. Yeah this pregnancy is way stressful!
I'm nervous about just figuring it out as I go. I want to be prepared especially since I had such a hard time with my last child.
But I know I can't really plan in advance.
How long did you go between feeding?
Trying hard, ill keep her in mind if I need it
Goodmom, thanks for the book reccommendation. Ill look into it.
Any advice from mothers of singletons also welcome!

Any one tried the book baby whisperer?
Mother

Israeli

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 3:38 pm
The book 12 hours by 12 weeks is great and I believe they might even have a special section on dealing with multiples
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics