Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Salmon recipe

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:40 pm
I want to make salmon for both before and after the fast this year. Anyone care to share a simple recipe that can be eaten cold for shalosh seudos and then again after tisha bav.

toysrus

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:55 pm
This is a no-fail recipe, Mix Mayo, Sweet chili sauce and bit of ketchup, spread on top of fish, sprinkle on crispy fried onions (the ones that come in a tub) and bake for 20-25min.
Enjoy...

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:58 pm
thanks so much, though not into chili sauce. I'd appreciate others too

tichellady

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 1:16 pm
I like these two

https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/.....foil/

https://www.allrecipes.com/rec.....lmon/

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 1:17 pm
Fish makes thirsty, so I won't be serving fish before the fast.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 1:43 pm
I make this recipe all the time for Shabbos and serve cold. Easy and delicious!

Line pan or baking sheet (depending on how much you are making) with parchment paper. Place fish skin side down. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with a little olive oil and squeeze FRESH lemon juice on top (not bottled - makes a huge difference!). I usually shmear with my hands to make sure it is coated evenly. Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley on top of fish. Bake uncovered at 400 for 20 minutes.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 1:50 pm
Teriyaki.
2spn teriyaki sauce
2spn ketchup
2spn brown sugar.
Sesame seeds
U can serve warm or cold..or hot

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:02 pm
I was planning on making the Teriyaki that Floralwhite posted or my familys favorite salmon: sprd sliced onions on bottom of pan. make a mixture of ketchup & mayo spread really well over salmon. spice salmon with salt, garlic, onion powder, montreal steak spice..whatever spices you like and then pour a drop of lemon juice over salmon. bake covered for 35 min and broil until well done.

ds14

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:05 pm
https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-4102
Delicious!

stillnewlywed

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:10 pm
Mix teriyaki sauce with a little honey and oil, marinate for an hr and bake 20 min.
Delicious hot or room temperature.

Hashemlovesme1

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 3:29 pm
I actually do the same as toysrus but without the chili sauce. Just mayo, ketchup, and crispy fried onions, or dried minced onions

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 4:02 pm
I just drizzle salmon with teriyaki sauce and honey, and broil for like 10-15 minutes until the salmon flakes easily and is just cooked but not overdone.

Delicious warm or cold.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 4:25 pm
You can make a simple poached salmon, then punch it up with dill sauce or a salsa.

Or, similar to what someone else posted:

Combine juice of 1 orange (or lemon), 2 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt, 2 tsp minced garlic. Pour over salmon and bake at 400 degrees, 15 minutes.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 5:19 pm
I like making pan seared salmon. Preheat oven to 400'. Heat up an oven safe pan over high heat with a little oil. Pat salmon dry and sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place flesh down (skin up) into hot pan. Let it sear for a few minutes so a nice crust develops. Don't move salmon at all. Then place pan in the oven and let it finish cooking through, probably another 5-10 minutes depending on thickness. Remove from pan immediately and flip over on a plate so it stays crispy.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 6:28 pm
I love this recipe: drizzle with olive oil. add chili powder, tumeric, cumin, salt, pepper (or cayanne if you like the kick), sprinkle brown sugar and Squeeze of lemon. bake 350/20 min or until flakes

My easy one is just plain old soy sauce, in the oven, and done!

As long as your salmon is good quality and fresh, it will taste great with little effort. If it is frozen or lower quality--thats when you need fancy sauces to mask the flavor.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 8:05 pm
thank you for all the delicious sounding recipes! Now I have to decide which to choose! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen