Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Double stroller or buggy board?

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:23 pm
I have a newborn at home and a two and a half year old. My toddler is a great walker and I hardly ever use a stroller for her anymore, though there are a few exceptions. Right now I'm trying to come up with a solution for times that I might want both little ones to be in a stroller at the same time, such as extensively long walks or shopping trips (the majority of the time my baby is in a carrier and the toddler walks, and I have a stroller that is suitable for both of them so they could switch off during outings like to the zoo).

What I'm trying to decide is if I should bite the bullet and buy a double stroller, or if a buggy board is a good idea. I've never used one (I have other, older children as well) and am nervous about it since I am very short, with short arms, and they look like it'd be very uncomfortable to use while pushing the stroller.

So, opinions? Suggestions? Thank you!

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:27 pm
Sit and stand could be a good option for you.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:56 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Sit and stand could be a good option for you.

Why would that be any better than a regular double stroller? Also, are sit and stands even doable with a young infant? Would the front seat recline flat enough?

zebra111

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 1:24 pm
Buggy boards are uncomfortable to push.and if ur stroller is lightweight u have to be really careful about leaving it standing alone with the board clipped up. If u are mostly reliant on ur own 2feet and/or public transport for daily life, my experience is that a double stroller is a MUST. if u mostly drive and then just have shorter walks around say the shops I dont know how necessary a double would be..

tovli toraspicha

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 1:34 pm
What kind of single stroller do you currently have?

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:05 pm
I was really happy with the phil and ted where you can use either as a single or a double

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 3:09 pm
Double stroller.
What is this meah shearim, that they are embarrassed to push a double stroller? buggy boards in my opinion are not comfortable or safe. I cant imagine myself pushing a stroller with a buggy board. I would trip over it. Its no different than a clumsy tandem stroller.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 5:00 pm
tovli toraspicha wrote:
What kind of single stroller do you currently have?

I actually have 3 (none of which I've bought since this baby was born), but the one I was referring to that I can use for both is a Britax B-Agile+. It reclines flat enough that, with an infant support insert, I can put my baby, or I can put my baby in a carrier and my toddler can sit in the stroller.

This was my plan, and then just not buy a double stroller, but today I realized I have to take both kids to the supermarket tomorrow and the idea of doing that without both buckled into a stroller terrified me.

chatz

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 5:46 pm
I vote buggy board. I'm not familiar with the strollers you mentioned, but if there are two handles (like umbrella strollers have) the child stands in between and it's fine to push. But if the stroller has one handlebar, it's terrible, because there's the bar, the child, and the mother trying to reach around the child.

Shopping with a double stroller isn't a picnic either. Can you put the baby in a carrier and the toddler in the shopping cart?

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 6:23 pm
Is your 2 1/2 tall or short?
The buggy board is tiring for little kids. They are more for older kids.
Also if you don’t want the child to walk away then the board is a problem.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 9:17 pm
chatz wrote:
I vote buggy board. I'm not familiar with the strollers you mentioned, but if there are two handles (like umbrella strollers have) the child stands in between and it's fine to push. But if the stroller has one handlebar, it's terrible, because there's the bar, the child, and the mother trying to reach around the child.

Shopping with a double stroller isn't a picnic either. Can you put the baby in a carrier and the toddler in the shopping cart?

I hate strollers with two handles, they're impossible to push single-handedly and I often need a hand free, so I appreciate your feedback about used a buggy board with single handlebar strollers.

I know double strollers aren't easy but I'm used to them (I have a[n older] set of twins). Also, we walk to and from the store, so the issue isn't only while we're there, but also coming and going.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics