Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Never seems smooth

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 10:40 am
Whenever I make dough, it never seems to get the smooth look. The bread is fine, it's jus the dough. I just made a dough for tortilla and it's not smooth. What can I be doing wrong, or it's allowed to look like that? TIA

zebra111

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 10:44 am
I find when I dont knead enough it looks lumpy. I dont always have the energy to do I properly and those weeks I dont sometimes the challa strands dont blend into each other properly...
Dont know if this helps or is relevant for u but thought id share!

pause

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 11:48 am
The dough needs to be well-kneaded, not just ingredients mixed well to form dough. I do it in the mixer, so I let it knead for 15 minutes. Also, kneading the dough half-way in middle of rising helps for better smoothness.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:26 pm
pause wrote:
The dough needs to be well-kneaded, not just ingredients mixed well to form dough. I do it in the mixer, so I let it knead for 15 minutes. Also, kneading the dough half-way in middle of rising helps for better smoothness.

15 min on low/est speed or high/est speed?

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jul 20 2018, 8:26 am
Thank you. I've been doing it by hand because my mixer broke Sad . Anyway, I made challah dough last night and kneaded it for quite some time and it looks nice and smooth. Thank you all Thumbs Up
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads