Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Why do most ppl at shabbat meals have bad napkin etiquette?
  Previous  1  2  3  13  14  15

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 11:12 am
oliveoil wrote:
I think I can trump that one.

I was once at a Pesach seder and the person sitting next to me whipped out a credit card and tried to floss her teeth with it. When she realized it was too thick, she switched it for a $5 bill and used that instead.

shock

Fox

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 11:53 am
oliveoil wrote:
I was once at a Pesach seder and the person sitting next to me whipped out a credit card and tried to floss her teeth with it. When she realized it was too thick, she switched it for a $5 bill and used that instead.

Now there's an interesting halachic question: is paper currency mukzeh if you regard it primarily as a dental hygiene device?

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 11:54 am
Fox wrote:
Now there's an interesting halachic question: is paper currency mukzeh if you regard it primarily as a dental hygiene device?

LOL

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 1:34 pm
amother wrote:
He was not married at that time. B"H he found a really lovely kallah not too long after this. A lid for every pot!

Please tell me that you bought them a challah cover as an engagement gift. Please. Make my day.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 1:35 pm
Fox wrote:

You're missing the point. This was a SEDER. Is money kasher l"pesach?

iyar

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 1:39 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
You're missing the point. This was a SEDER. Is money kasher l"pesach?

I think not, SixOfWands.
That's the reason when I'm setting the table for the Seder we never have any left in the house.
It's just like breadcrumbs. Search every nook and cranny, you won't find a dime.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 2:00 pm
iyar wrote:
I think not, SixOfWands.
That's the reason when I'm setting the table for the Seder we never have any left in the house.
It's just like breadcrumbs. Search every nook and cranny, you won't find a dime.

Fox

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 2:33 pm
iyar wrote:
I think not, SixOfWands.

Well, from that standpoint, my house is kosher l'Pesach all year 'round!

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 2:34 pm
Fox wrote:
Well, from that standpoint, my house is kosher l'Pesach all year 'round!

Lol!

happyfaces

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 4:40 pm
oliveoil wrote:
I think I can trump that one.

Director And the winner goes to...... 🏆 Cheers

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Jul 20 2018, 12:26 am
Bnei Berak 10:
Quote:
Unless you are a very young child or have a medical condition. Adults are definitely expected to have some bladder control and anticipate if/when they will need a bathroom. To mix a meal time with going to b/room to tend to your bodily functions is not good manners. I know of simple families where children definitely have been reprimanded for this by parents.

I know this post is old, but I just came across the above statement. I have never been more mind boggled in my life. One does not have to have a "medical condition" to have a need to use the bathroom during the meal. I don't know of a Shabbos meal where I have not used the bathroom both in my own house or as a guest, and I never felt self-conscious about it. This action of mine was never followed up by gasps or shrieks of horror. I also use the bathroom in the supermarket! Guess I better check myself into a clinic. There must be something terribly wrong with me. And how about shul? I guess the bathrooms there were put in just for the very young or very old. After all, one should know better and go before davening starts.

[edited]

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Jul 20 2018, 3:48 am
amother wrote:
because no one wants to be so formal unless you're dining with the queen.

Well on shabbos you are dining with the queen! Shabbos itself Smile

But no I don't know anything about napkin etiquette. I try to eat nicely and not get the tablecloth dirty and that's it. Very Happy

Rachel Shira

Post Fri, Jul 20 2018, 7:45 am
I saw this post come up and thought it was yet another thread about proper napkin usage. I’m so relieved that it’s the same one.

InnerMe

Post Fri, Jul 20 2018, 10:22 am
Rachel Shira wrote:
I saw this post come up and thought it was yet another thread about proper napkin usage. I’m so relieved that it’s the same one.

Me too. Whew
Page 15 of 15   Previous  1  2  3  13  14  15 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette