Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Where does this fast rank?

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Jul 20 2018, 1:03 pm
In terms of not fasting, is this nidche fast more or less stringent than facts like Tzom gedalia and asarah bteves? Put the question another way, If I can only fast once, which should I fast? This Sunday or tzom gedalia in 2 months? I know I can ask a shailah but does anyone have some knowledge to share about this?

myself

Post Fri, Jul 20 2018, 1:06 pm
Tisha b'Av is certainly more stringent. If you have a choice, after Yom Kippur, it's surely Tisha b'Av, even while nidche.

Many Rabbonim anyhow tell woman not to fast on Tzom Gedalia due to its close proximity to Yom Kippur.

iammom

Post Fri, Jul 20 2018, 1:25 pm
Certainly fast Tisha B'Av (at least in my opinion).

The fact that it's a nidche only changes for people in certain situations (pregnant, not well etc) but for the rest of people, the day is considered the same as the 9th.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note