Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Feeling funny not to fast tisha bav
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 1:52 pm
I don't see why you're keeping it as a secret. Whenever I didn't fast my kids knew about it. They know I asked a rav and in certain circumstances mothers don't have to fast. I think it's OK for the boys to know this, im'h when they're gonna be married they'll know what to expect. (They're not going to think what's wrong with my wife, my mother always fasted) and the same goes to the girls they will know it's OK to ask for heter.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 1:56 pm
amother wrote:
I don't see why you're keeping it as a secret. Whenever I didn't fast my kids knew about it. They know I asked a rav and in certain circumstances mothers don't have to fast. I think it's OK for the boys to know this, im'h when they're gonna be married they'll know what to expect. (They're not going to think what's wrong with my wife, my mother always fasted) and the same goes to the girls they will know it's OK to ask for heter.

May you never understand. Dh is barely frum and if he sees me eating he will too. And all will go downhill from there with my mostly newly fasting preteens and teens. I'm trying as best as I can to hold things together.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 3:08 pm
amother wrote:
Wow you sound like me, I have home IV for the whole pregnancy due to severe HG and dehydration. Never met anyone with an issue as severe as myne. I would love to make contact...
Back to the topic at hand, ofcourse you can't fast when you get so sick/ or the baby needs food.

My first pregnancy the Rav said I should do shiurim on tom Kippur , due to how many ER visits I had already for dehydration. And he said to start it right away, not wait until I'm feeling faint because then shiurim won't be enough to pull me out. And I wasnt aloud to go to shul, just stay home and rest.

A lady who sits near me in shul (and I taught her daughter that yr) saw me a few days later and was like "we missed you in shul", so I said the Rav said I should stay home. She smears and was like, I came to shul many times in your condition!
Some people....

Oy. A lot of people don't understand HG and they think we're just exaggerating how bad it is. You are definitely not alone though! If you have Facebook, there is a frum support group called Frum Women With Hyperemesis Gravidarum that I found very helpful during this past pregnancy.

And now back to the topic at hand...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note