Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Help! I'm a TV addict....
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 6:02 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
you wll be able to download the office legally from nbc.com as well, or I can direct you to someone who puts them up on her site.

The OFfice and GA are on the same timeslot this season, how will you waatch them both?

How many ladies in Willie know that? shock

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 6:17 pm
The ones who used to be addicted themselves and B"H overcame that nisoyon.

(I wanted to post that as amother but then decided to risk using my screen name, which I now regret, thanks to your snarky comment.)

amother

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 6:43 pm
Maybe, as a proud Chasidista from Williamsburgh, you should have explained that. Yes, we can/should be dan l'chaf zechus, but how about not giving us a reason to?

YOu must admit - your post, coming from you, was weird! Confused

Maya

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 6:52 pm
amother wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:
you wll be able to download the office legally from nbc.com as well, or I can direct you to someone who puts them up on her site.

The OFfice and GA are on the same timeslot this season, how will you waatch them both?

How many ladies in Willie know that? shock

I"m from Williamsburg and I know that. And you'd be surprised how many more know it, too. Some of us don't fit the Willie stereotype.

And I'm using my regular screenname, unlike you, who can't stand up for who you are.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 7:04 pm
It's a very simple story actually, and maybe it will serve as a lesson for all. Last winter my son started a new mishigaas, he would refuse to fall asleep and cry for no reason at all - just wanting to stay awake. So to drown out his screaming I went on youtube and looked for funny clips so I wouldnt have to hear him scream. So I came across clips from The Office, and it seemed so hilarious, that I just *had* to know what happened next, and next, and next, and before you knew it, I was addicted to The office. When the season ended I made a kabbalah - foorgenimen - that iyh when the new season starts I am NOT STARTING, so that I won't get sucked in again. (You can watch it online of course.) I am iyh planning to keep my promise. But since I used to read The Office fan forums, I found out that Greys Anatomy is airing the same time. Simple as that. Lesson for all: Dont get started. You'll get sucked in and addicted and will find it hard to stop. Don't think "I can stop anytime... Just one DVD... one show... one season..." One things leads to another and you become addicted. It's addicting. It's funny, it's entertaining, and who doesn't need some laughter in life? So if you HAVE to have the internet, dont go on sites like youtube, because you will never be finished. there - I was misvadeh right after Yom Kippur and I hope now you won't judge me. That's all.

greenfire

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 9:06 pm
in general ... the tv ... computer ... or dvd ... video ... they are all the same ... as in no difference ...

Beauty and the Beast

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 11:36 pm
mama bear, noone has the right to misjudge you.
We all have our own nisyanos that we go thru, and the fact that some actually do try to work it out, that is commendable.
noone has the right to judge. wether a person is from wlmsbrg, BP, or wherever.
we are all human, and we all like to chill. we have to make the right decisions.

Motek

Post Wed, Sep 26 2007, 11:47 am
madys wrote:
now, I'm stuck in the house once the kids are sleeping, and there's nothing else to do.

what else can I do when I'm stuck at home, and bored out of my wits?!?!

There's this great invention. It consists of thin white papers bound together with black print on it that forms words and sentences. There are millions of these around. They can be obtained free from a library. All subjects. All languages. Incredible.

Raisin

Post Wed, Sep 26 2007, 12:28 pm
Quote:
They can be obtained free from a library

apart from the fines Sad

And my library keeps all the classics hidden away because "no one wants to read them anymore."

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Sep 26 2007, 12:39 pm
You don't have to walk into the library to choose books. You can put them on hold online, for free, at your convenience.

madys

Post Wed, Sep 26 2007, 4:19 pm
Motek wrote:
madys wrote:
now, I'm stuck in the house once the kids are sleeping, and there's nothing else to do.

what else can I do when I'm stuck at home, and bored out of my wits?!?!

There's this great invention. It consists of thin white papers bound together with black print on it that forms words and sentences. There are millions of these around. They can be obtained free from a library. All subjects. All languages. Incredible.

Just to clarify - I am an AVID reader - I belong to many book discussion groups, and read lots of books, as do my children.

(The librarians and I are on a first name basis!!)

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Sep 26 2007, 4:59 pm
Madys, you really have that much spare tiem? Wow!

this year, I'm not planning to watch the office, but I can at least read the reviews after that at www.televisionwithoutpity.com Smile

cl

Post Thu, Sep 27 2007, 4:29 pm
what about Scrubs?
both me & Dh love 2 watch it 2gether, a short funny laugh-out-loud 1/2 hour a week.
And waht about Heroes? I guess u Americans have all seen it already. will there b another series? I missed it on SciFi but its now on BBC2 an im completely hooked.

cl

Post Thu, Sep 27 2007, 4:30 pm
as for reading, its not so easy 2 do when ur doing stuff like expressing milk that requires little concentration but both hands.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 12:06 am
I like scrubs way better than Greys anatomy. Less gore, more laughs, and also set in a hospital.

madys

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 1:47 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Madys, you really have that much spare tiem? Wow!

I also work part-time -

It helps that my husband helps out with a lot of the housework!!!

greenfire

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 5:54 pm
yup didn't heroes start already ...
scrubs is hilarious ... dd got full season on video from the library ...

amother

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 9:51 pm
so I missed, ER greys anatomy, private practice and friday night lights.
anyone know where I can watch them online?
I tried to watch the ABC shows on their website but for some reason it lets me watch all the commercials, but then it says loading and nothing happens after that.
any help here?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 9:56 pm
You canpay someome on Craig's list to record stuff for you. I've seen that advertised there.

I'm sure all those shows are going to be rerun, though.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 11:25 am
amother wrote:
so I missed, ER greys anatomy, private practice and friday night lights.
anyone know where I can watch them online?
I tried to watch the ABC shows on their website but for some reason it lets me watch all the commercials, but then it says loading and nothing happens after that.
any help here?

There is a website that linkes you to sites with tv shows and movies to watch online.
http://www.ovguide.com/
ENJOY!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics