Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How can I prevent/avoid

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 2:28 am
every night when my newborn wakes for feeding, in the meantime her bottle warms up, I change her diaper bcz shes in the same diaper for at least 6 hrs by then. and EVERY TIME I CHANGE HER SHE PEES ALL OVER.. I try to quickly change her but she starts screaming bcz she's already so hungry ... she wakes up the whole house... I have no nerves for this it's in the middle of the night. I'm tired. cranky. and annoyed. she never does it by day. even right after a nap. only in the middle of the night. I needto stop this. how??? any ideas?

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 3:18 am
In never change pee diapers in middle of the night (unless you feel it's very full or about to soak through)

groovy1224

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 3:50 am
I don't think you can 'change' this behavior. She's a newborn...

Just change her on an absorbent towel instead of those wipeable changing mats so it doesn't run all over the place. Then you can wipe her up and put on a clean diaper, and throw the towel in the wash.

Can you maybe change her after she's fed? It'll help her not scream so much

cozyblanket

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 4:10 am
I don't have experience with them personally, but I know that there are bottle warmers out there. Maybe you can use one so that there is no wait time for her bottle and she can eat first. Perhaps if she's not so hungry, she'll be happier to get changed.

Also, I always put the new diaper under the baby before even opening the old diaper up. That way, there is always something under her.

Teomima

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 4:42 am
1: If the bottle is refrigerated breastmilk, this won't help, but if it's formula, you don't NEED to warm it up. Pre-boil water and cool to room temp, that's fine to use.

2: Sometimes the exposure to cool air/cold wipe makes a baby pee. Open the diaper, wipe her off, but then cover her again with the same diaper. With any luck she'll be stimulated enough to pee, but will do it right into the dirty diaper. Then you can "safely" change her.

3: Like cozyblanket said, put the clean diaper under the dirty one, so even if she pees, it should go into there instead on all over the mat. Also, you can cover her with an absorbent cloth so that'll catch pee, instead of it going anywhere else.

4: Relax! Babies will pee. Babies will cry. Babies will wake households. But it passes. You're doing a great job!

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 4:49 am
Babies usually pee right when they wake up and when they're exposed to air. I'd wait a little, maybe even feed some of the bottle before changing her. By then she will have already peed in her diaper

krembo

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 6:16 am
I always nursed my baby on one side, then changed the diaper, then nursed on the other side. (So with a bottle that would be like half the bottle, then change.) That way they're not frantically hungry when you change them.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 6:22 am
amother wrote:
every night when my newborn wakes for feeding, in the meantime her bottle warms up, I change her diaper bcz shes in the same diaper for at least 6 hrs by then. and EVERY TIME I CHANGE HER SHE PEES ALL OVER.. I try to quickly change her but she starts screaming bcz she's already so hungry ... she wakes up the whole house... I have no nerves for this it's in the middle of the night. I'm tired. cranky. and annoyed. she never does it by day. even right after a nap. only in the middle of the night. I needto stop this. how??? any ideas?

your newborn is asleep for a six hour stretch - that's great.

Put her in a good quality diaper before bed, and change her in the morning.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 6:52 am
Why not make the bottle of formula with warm water (like half from an urn and half cool water) this way you dont need to wait till it warms up.
Or for breastmilk, warm it in a bottle warmer or in a container of hot water. Should be pretty quick.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 8:47 am
1. I never change my babies diapers during the night because it wakes them up and I want them to stay sleepy. I know it sounds gross but I put on plenty of diaper rash cream before they go to sleep for the night to create a barrier. I will only change it if it's truly soaked through. My kids have not gotten any diaper rashes from this bH. During the day, I change them all the time.

2. If you really must change it, like the other posters said, change it after the baby has taken like 1/2 the bottle so she's not starving and upset.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 2:51 pm
[quote="Teomima"]1: If the bottle is refrigerated breastmilk, this won't help, but if it's formula, you don't NEED to warm it up. Pre-boil water and cool to room temp, that's fine to use.

quote]

You don't NEED to warm up refrigerated breastmilk either

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 4:50 pm
[quote="amother"]
Teomima wrote:
1: If the bottle is refrigerated breastmilk, this won't help, but if it's formula, you don't NEED to warm it up. Pre-boil water and cool to room temp, that's fine to use.

quote]

You don't NEED to warm up refrigerated breastmilk either

But lots of babies find the straight out of the fridge milk way too cold. [b]

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 4:55 pm
Like others said, if the baby is very sleepy, I don't change the diaper. When I do, I put a clean diaper under the used one while changing. Good luck!!
I'm almost J from your 6 hours! Good for u!!

Optione

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 6:29 pm
I made sure to change my infants right before bedtime. As long as they didn't have bowel movements, I only changed then in the morning and they were fine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics