Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toddler keeps taking diaper off

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 9:32 am
My daughter is 23 months and constantly strips naked. Ill dress her and not three minutes later shes in her birthday suit. I tried all the tricks the only thing she cant get off is a one piece with a stiff neck that closes in the back. she manages to climb out her onsies and one pieces with that material.

I tell her harshly you cant take diaper off. she tells me go away and does it in the room. I got so fed up that I gave her a potch yesterday and said dont take diaper off or mommy will potch. She gives me her hand again and says potch. I dont know - maybe the potch felt good!

This morning I had to get something done. After taking her diaper off three times I said thats it - it will take me less time to clean up an accident than to keep playing this game and I let her run naked for ten minutes while I did what I had to do.

This is mainly a problem in the morning. There is an hour between my older kids going to camp until she starts and its just me and her home then. I guess she is bored. She is also a very very sensory kid.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 9:34 am
Good luck. I put my kids to sleep in stretchies zipped backwards with a safety pin. I wish I could have come up with a different option than a safety pin but I remember finding one kid one morning "finger painting" while a guest in someone's house, on white sheets on a white crib.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 9:38 am
Is she trying to tell you that's she's ready to use the potty?

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 9:41 am
My daughter is going through the same thing now, and she's becoming an expert on how to take off her clothing even when it's backwards.

Beingreal

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 9:47 am
Op, I have the problem. My mother gave me the good idea to get 2t underwear and stick it on of her diaer. It works!

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 9:50 am
pesek zman wrote:
Is she trying to tell you that's she's ready to use the potty?

She just started daycamp where she is of the younger kids. She was at a babysitter before this. She tells me "mommy I need to make in toliet" I take her to the bathroom put her on the toliet and she SCREAMS. The minute after she makes a dirty diaper she walks over to me and says "mommy make stinky." I would maybe attempt to train her despite the fact that she is so young but I work full time. There is no way shes going to be ready to go camp in underwear after just three days of training. The teachers in her camp will not work with me if shes just 23 months. They will say she's so young wait.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 9:52 am
Beingreal wrote:
Op, I have the problem. My mother gave me the good idea to get 2t underwear and stick it on of her diaer. It works!

It cant hurt to try but why would it work. She is a sensory kid and like being naked. She'll just take the underwear off and then the diaper. no harm in trying though....

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 10:15 am
amother wrote:
She just started daycamp where she is of the younger kids. She was at a babysitter before this. She tells me "mommy I need to make in toliet" I take her to the bathroom put her on the toliet and she SCREAMS. The minute after she makes a dirty diaper she walks over to me and says "mommy make stinky." I would maybe attempt to train her despite the fact that she is so young but I work full time. There is no way shes going to be ready to go camp in underwear after just three days of training. The teachers in her camp will not work with me if shes just 23 months. They will say she's so young wait.

Oh that's too bad. My baby's daycare starts taking them to the toilet before they're 2 (whether they're showing interest or not) and earlier if they are.

Hoping this is just a phase then!

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 12:46 pm
I did toilet train two kids at this age who were doing this. A third child I felt was not ready I put the diapers on back to front and sellotaped them round LOL The only other thing that worked was tights on top of a buttoned undershirt - by the time they were down to the bottom layer I had re-dressed them....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics