Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
DRESS Syndrome info please

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 1:26 pm
Has anyone ever dealt with this? I'm not sure how long to expect the discomfort\pain to last - when child will return to normal activities.
I'd really appreciate it if anyone could share their or their child's experience and path to healing and returning to normal life so I can better know what to expect.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 1:57 pm
I don't have any personal experience, but I did a quick search and saw this. Might you give you a general idea. Refuah shelimah!

Drug rash with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms syndrome is a severe idiosyncratic drug reaction with a long latency period. It has been described using many terms; however, drug rash with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms syndrome appears to be the most appropriate. This syndrome causes a diverse array of clinical symptoms, anywhere from 2 to 8 weeks after initiating the offending drug. Standardized criteria for the diagnosis have been developed; however, their utility remains to be validated. Unfortunately, the management of drug rash with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms syndrome is not well supported by strong evidence-based data.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....8748/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics