Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Instant hot water meat or dairy

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 8:29 pm
I started a thread in a different forum with a similar question- We have an instant hot installed using the water from the kitchen sink (its next to the sink) .I am curious what other people do- Is the steam an issue if lets say you use it to make oatmeal and the oatmeal is dairy or you are adding more hot water to coffee that has milk in it- can the steam rising make it milchigs or fleish and if so- along that same theory- if I pour it into a pareve cup and then pour that into my milchig and fleishig food- now does the steam make that pareve cup milchig or fleish??? I do have a question in to my LOR- but I am curious how much overthinking is being done here and where does it end?????

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 8:38 pm
We don't use actual milchig or actual fleishig directly under the spout in order to keep it parve. Let's say coffee, fill cup with coffee granules and sugar, add hot water under dispenser, then add milk later.

iluvy

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 11:00 pm
Same here

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 11:14 pm
ra_mom wrote:
We don't use actual milchig or actual fleishig directly under the spout in order to keep it parve. Let's say coffee, fill cup with coffee granules and sugar, add hot water under dispenser, then add milk later.
but ur empty cup is fleish or milchig correct ?

simba

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 11:21 pm
amother wrote:

I can't imagine that matters as long as it doesn't have hot fleishig or milchig steam coming out of it and into your urn's spout.
Confirm with your Lor.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 11:34 pm
amother wrote:

Yes. But a clean cup is not a problem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen