Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
How to make ‘Heimish’ Challah?

Funny

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 4:32 pm
Does anyone have a recipe for Heimsih challah? The kind that’s has a crispy crust, but soft and fluffy in the middle? Dh grew up on this type of challah, but now we live OOT and can’t get it here so I’d like to try to make it.
Thank you!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 4:37 pm
My interpretation of Rebbetzin Kanievsky's challah fits the bill. Leave it in long enough to get crusty.
And use the recipe in the biography, not from either BY cookbook. (Not that they're not fine, but they're different.)

chocolatecake

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 12:21 am
If you have Instagram look through Raizyscookin feed. She has a delicious challah recipe that comes out soft and fluffy inside with a crispy crust

mom2u

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 1:24 am
5 lb. Flour
5 3/4 cups water
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup yeast
3/4 cup oil
3 Tbsp kosher salt
3 eggs
Prepare sugar yeast and water in sep. Bowl let rise for a few minutes start with 6 cups flour and other ingredients add the water start to knead and gradually add more flour until your done. Let it rise for 10 minutes and then mix it again and let it rise for another 1/2 hr. To an hour. Braid it and let it rise for one more hour. Smear eggs on it with sesame seeds if you like. Bake on 380 for 1 hour.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads