Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
ISO of skirt pants or athletic skirt for girls?

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 8:40 am
I would like to get my dd something that has elastic at the knees so she can climb and play in the playground, ride her bike, do cartwheels etc. in comfort. She's 8 and wears a size 12 in stores like gymboree, osh kosh but a size 14 or bigger in the jewish brands. I don't know anyone IRL that wears it but I think I've seen such a thing online but don't remember what it's called.
Any ideas? Thanks!

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 10:15 am
I don't remember what the item is called, but I remember it was pricey for rough activities. My daughter uses coordinating leggings with a cheaper skirt.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 10:39 am
so we've doing the legging thing.
Two issues we have that may be you have a suggestions
1. she complains the leggings make her legs sweaty
2. when she turns upside down on the monkey bars her skirt has flown all the way up.

I did just buy her shorter jumpers because I felt her skirts were too long for the playground... it's hard because I want her dressing tznius but I also want her to have fun and be active. She really needs to exercise.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 11:16 am
amother wrote:
so we've doing the legging thing.
Two issues we have that may be you have a suggestions
1. she complains the leggings make her legs sweaty
2. when she turns upside down on the monkey bars her skirt has flown all the way up.

I did just buy her shorter jumpers because I felt her skirts were too long for the playground... it's hard because I want her dressing tznius but I also want her to have fun and be active. She really needs to exercise.

1. Get cotton leggings and let my daughter use with knee highs.

2. Many girls from strict religious families wear black tights when they play. You can see all the way up when they do flips on the trampoline or swing on a button swing. These are older teens also like 15/16.

You can let it go that her skirt flips up or tack it down to the leggings. You would only need to tack it down in 4 places - back and front of each leg.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 11:46 am
I don't get it when I see "ultra orthodox" for lack of a better word, girls over bas mitzvah with their knees showing but whatever I'm not going there- right now my daughter is still somewhat young.
I'm pretty sure her leggings ARE cotton. Is there a certain brand you recommend? I bought hers from osh kosh. I think she's sensitive in general. My concern is primarily her comfort, I thought these skirts might be more comfortable for her. well I guess I'll just try the shorter (still covering her knees jumper) and see if that helps at all.

Thank you!

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 12:13 pm
My 10 year old wears cotton bicycle type shorts under her skirts and dresses. She's a real tomboy so it's good to have some coverage when she's hanging upside down from the monkey bars.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Aug 01 2018, 12:02 pm
how do you tack the skirt to the leggings- with safety pins or something else. Hope to take my daughter to a parkour place today Wink

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:59 pm
op here. Funny how three years later still dealing with the same issue only now my daughter fits in to women's sizes so I got her something from aquamodesta that works. pricey but when she wore it today for parkour it was all worth it Smile

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics