Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Sticky situation
Previous  1  2  3

familyfirst

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 6:56 pm
A little confused as to why you can't be friendly ... or at least civil... to a sister in law who has different hashkafos and lifestyle...

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 7:07 pm
don't invite because she will be p@#$%% that later she tried to invite you and you kept refusing. Under normal circumstances she will invite you back and the resentment will be even bigger.

When I was divorced with little ones some people came to my house including my grandparents for pesach. It made me feel a million dollars. Also a family that came from overseas ate by me. Some local family members invited me but when I said now its your turn when is best for you to come they said that it does not belong. It did not feel fun. Some.of you will say she was right because she is not the nebach so she does not / should not need to come even once to my home.

watergirl

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 7:14 pm
Leriem wrote:
I would imagine they were too ashamed to admit the fear of the dog...

No, not these people.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 7:28 pm
familyfirst wrote:
A little confused as to why you can't be friendly ... or at least civil... to a sister in law who has different hashkafos and lifestyle...

Its okay if u are confused. Clearly, u cant relate to this type of situation which is why u are confused. It doesnt matter bec I dont want to derail the thread. But, I must point out that I DID SAY IM CIVIL AND "friendly" with her just as op is with her neighbor. However, I said I cant be good friends with her like doing what good friends do ex. Sharing bout life....just as op has her reasons why shes not going to start a friendship with this neighbor, but she does act civil and friendly towards her.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics