Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Gluten Free Sesame Noodles

haleyaskins

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 7:24 pm
I completely forgot that a shabbos lunch guest of mine is gluten free and vegetarian.
I have loads of salads and veggies and a quinoa dish. I was also planning on making sesame noodles. I was toying with the idea of making them with the Gefen gluten free noodles.

Is this a horrible idea?

When should I pour the sauce over the noodles? Do the noodles get soggy or hard if not eaten right away (which of course, they won't be). Or should I forget them entirely?
Help!

egam

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 7:34 pm
I believe sesame noodles sauce contains soy sauce which is not gluten free. I would just not make it.

trixx

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 7:36 pm
Never tried gefen but the ronzoni yellow gluten free boxes taste exactly the same. Only thing they get a little hard when old and need to be reheated. For shab I just make as late as possible on Fri and take out of fridge plenty of time to room temp and it tastes fine

Edit also soy sauce has gluten. You can use Braggs amino acids or trader Joe's coconut amino (but that is a little sweeter and not the same taste)

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 8:15 pm
Gluten free noodles usually have to be eaten fresh or they become gummy or hard.
How about a nice potato salad or rice salad?

centurion

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 8:37 pm
I've done spaghetti squash sesame noodles with great results.

Rosemarie

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 9:01 pm
Not every brand of soy sauce has gluten. Iron Chef is gluten free as far as I know, as well as some other brands

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 9:40 pm
What about doing a nice quinoa pilaf? Quinoa, raisins or cranberries etc?

Tiredmom7

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 10:14 pm
Gefen rice noodles must be eaten immediately they get gloopy and gross if not. The gluten free ronzoni may work but I would eat it at night and not refrigerate it

animeme

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 10:19 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
Not every brand of soy sauce has gluten. Iron Chef is gluten free as far as I know, as well as some other brands

So is La Choy.

mrsjay

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 8:38 am
egam wrote:
I believe sesame noodles sauce contains soy sauce which is not gluten free. I would just not make it.

La Choy makes a gluten free soy sauce..its the green one.

mandksima

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 3:20 pm
I make a gluten free one often. I use GF Asian style rice stick noodles (med/wider width) and gluten free soy sauce. You mix it hot and it doesn't get too hard at all. Keep mixing a bit while it's cooling down. Serve at room temp and remix before serving.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics