Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Coming to Shul to talk
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Leriem

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 3:25 pm
Debbie wrote:
Fuschia and Leriem I'm sorry you have both experienced nastiness here.
I don't agree with all the opinions here,but I would rather say nothing than be rude,and hurtful.
Leriem,you are only saying what others are possibly thinking,please try not to let the unpleasant comments get to you,and welcome from me too.

Thank you very much. I’m starting to appreciate more and more that car bumper sticker that says, “if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.”

Leriem

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 3:28 pm
amother wrote:
Why r u doing this???

Mentioning names?

Exactly! Speaking badly about a rabbi I’d a very, very serious sin. I hope she takes this to heart and does tshuva. I happen to love him. People who don’t like how straight, strict and honest he is about certain halachos (tznius, etc) and the consequences choose to malign him. It’s awful.

Leriem

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 3:29 pm
amother wrote:
Good morning and shavua tov,
So I used to be just like you OP, if anyone talked during davening it really disturbed me. Now, twenty years later, I have a son who is totally off the derech and keeps nothing. So I became so much more tolerant of other people and more ahavas yisroel than ever. I wish my son would come to shul even just to shmooze!
If your heart is filled with ahavas yisroel, the talking in shul won't bother you as much, I hope.
Before you go to shul, daven to Hashem that it shouldn't bother you and that you should love these people.
Maybe that will help. Good luck.

Thank you and I pray your son come back. Do not give up hope. I have a relative who has been OTD for many years, and this past year she is BH taking on more and more mitzvos. There’s always hope!

Debbie

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 3:59 pm
Leriem wrote:
Thank you very much. I’m starting to appreciate more and more that car bumper sticker that says, “if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.”

That's what my late mum used to say and she was right!

Sadie

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 4:13 pm
Leriem wrote:
Exactly! Speaking badly about a rabbi I’d a very, very serious sin. I hope she takes this to heart and does tshuva. I happen to love him. People who don’t like how straight, strict and honest he is about certain halachos (tznius, etc) and the consequences choose to malign him. It’s awful.

Where is his semicha from?

watergirl

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 4:15 pm
Sadie wrote:
Where is his semicha from?

He doesnt have smicha nor does he claim to. He uses the title.

dee's mommy

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 5:11 pm
Getting back to the practicality of what to do, (just to add to the list):

In the past I went to a shul where there was a lot of talking. I wasn't a shusher, but I just didn't talk during davening. If someone would talk to me, I would just politely smile, shake my head and point at my siddur. If necessary, I would explain to them after that I don't talk during davening. I wasn't telling them what to do, just explaining my own position. Anyone on the receiving end of this understood.

So, in short, be a good example.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 7:23 am
Leriem wrote:
So must that kind of awful lashon hara and zilzul rabbonim, very serious Aveiros!

It doesn't sound like you read the linked page, it is on the blog of a rabbi, and contains a letter signed by sixteen more.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 7:29 am
amother wrote:
what is an amother feature?

Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions