Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
ISO "pretty" uniform shirts

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 12:54 pm
Hi all,

I have a 5-year-old girl who needs to start wearing uniform shirts this year. The school requires a pique polo shirt in white or light blue. For my older kids I got them from Old Navy and they were fine except:

1) very wrinkly, unless I managed to snatch it from the dryer immediately.

2) for this daughter in particular, I think she needs something a little prettier. A Peter Pan collar would be great. Some gathering at the shoulder...

Any ideas? I'd be happy to pay more than I paid for the Old Navy shirts I used in the past.

The second problem in particular is a bigger deal for me. I want her to look and feel pretty and the typical "unisex" polo shirts really do not look great on her build and face shape. (I can continue to deal with the wrinkles by snatching from the shower...)

TIA!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 1:04 pm
We bought white pique long sleeve polos at the children's place. It has a fitted tailored look, not unisex shape at all. And around the buttons is the tiniest strip of ruffles. I lay them flat to dry and smooth out wrinkles when wet so they aren't creased.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 1:05 pm
https://www.landsend.com/produ.....::WHI

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 1:09 pm
https://www.childrensplace.com.....89-10

OBnursemom

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 1:19 pm
Lands End has beautiful Peter Pan collar uniform shirts. They wash and wear well enough to hand down to a younger sibling.

daagahminayin

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 1:22 pm
There’s an online uniform website called French Toast that might have what you’re looking for.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 1:23 pm
I second French toast. Amazon & cookies kids sell that company.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 12:44 pm
Thanks, everyone. I just placed orders in both Children's Place and from Lands' End. I'll see how they fit but I have a good feeling that definitely the Lands' End and probably the Children's Place ones will do the trick. (I did previously see the French Toast brand on Amazon but did not see any of the Peter Pan/feminine style in my daughter's size with long sleeves.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics