Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Hotel that can accomadate a frum Shabbos
Previous  1  2

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 9:14 pm
amother wrote:
For the shabbos program they make, they charge about $800 per couples. You absolutely don't get your money's worth with them. There are programs that charge less & you get way more for your money.

wow that's some serious lashon harah. I thought they served beautifully

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 9:25 pm
Thinking of doing a shabbos bar mitzvah, How much did Noam Hashabbos charge per couple for shabbos sheva brachos

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 9:56 pm
Noam hashabbos did very nice till recently. We joined them at almost every program they made & where always very happy until the last year or so. They've gotten So many compamints that they stopped doing the shabbos programs & they are only doing private events.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 10:22 pm
amother wrote:
Noam hashabbos did very nice till recently. We joined them at almost every program they made & where always very happy until the last year or so. They've gotten So many compamints that they stopped doing the shabbos programs & they are only doing private events.

ok we heard u the first 10 times u complained about them...

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 10:24 pm
Chalet vimm
Raleigh
Highland park resort

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 10:55 pm
Excuse me amother pewter, I was just responding to ur post they they served nice. & I agreed with you that they did serve nice.....

susanstohelit

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 2:00 pm
erm wrote:
there is one in Monsey on the same grounds as Ohr Samaech

Yeah, Beit Shvidler- it's great. It's probably too small for 150 people, though. There are only two floors of guest rooms. I was there for a family bar mitzvah (about 60 people) and there were exactly enough rooms.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Aug 01 2018, 9:46 am
Bump- anyone know of a hotel that would have a minyan this Shabbos? Not necessarily food, but minyan and frum family friendly hotel would be great. Thanks.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Aug 01 2018, 9:51 am
Amother turquoise, usually if one of the programs arrange a shabbos at a hotel they don't allow outsiders that are not with their program to use their minyan.
I think there's minyan every week at Embassy Suites in NJ.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Aug 01 2018, 8:24 pm
Any hotel somebody is putting together a minyan without a program?

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Aug 01 2018, 8:38 pm
http://shabbosgetaways.blogspot.com/

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Aug 01 2018, 8:45 pm
amother wrote:

I once went and did not enjoy it.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Aug 01 2018, 9:09 pm
I don't get this shabbosgetaway thing. People take along food to hotel & what do you do all shabbos? How is it relaxing for a family with kids to eat & sleep in the room. There's not program, what's the point?

ChutzPAh

Post Wed, Aug 01 2018, 9:37 pm
amother wrote:
I don't get this shabbosgetaway thing. People take along food to hotel & what do you do all shabbos? How is it relaxing for a family with kids to eat & sleep in the room. There's not program, what's the point?

This. What’s the point ?

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Aug 01 2018, 9:46 pm
amother wrote:

I just spent shabbos there. The crowd was mostly chasidish, everyone was friendly and pleasant.

The kids went swimming on Friday. We didnt make shabbos early, but there was the option.

Check out the hotel online. The first 2 floors are stunning. We took along board games and books. some people had small riding toys for the babies.

I saw alot of extended families there and the kids had company. Other families went on their own. Families sat at the tables in lobby playing board games.

My kids didnt know anyone and enjoyed it alot.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Aug 01 2018, 9:49 pm
Sometimes it’s about going with other families- like the kids’ cousins- with whom they wouldn’t get to be with otherwise. They are so happy to be together and you siblings are too and that’s what makes it fun! But anyways, Embassy was booked already.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Aug 01 2018, 10:05 pm
amother wrote:
We had our shabbos Sheva Brachos at the Crowne Plaza in Danbury, CT. We had it arranged by the organization called Noam HaShabbos. They did all the work-- but it was expensive. Feel free to message me with any questions you think I can answer for you.

How can she message you?

frosting

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 12:16 am
what weekend is this for?
My small family would like to make a get together but we are short 4 for a minyan.
Would love to do our own thing in a hotel for the weekend that will have enough people for a minyan!!!
feel free to PM me
Thank YOU!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics