Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Remodeling small bathroom

amother
Black

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 8:29 am
hi homemakers. I'm remodeling a very small bathroom in our future house. if you have a small bathroom, please share your tips and ideas. what is very important. what can I do without. I must have bath, toilet and sink inside.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 9:11 am
It's all about the layout. We have a tiny bathroom with all that and it works beautifully.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 9:48 am
that's my problem. the bathroom is narrow and small. cant figure out the layout. if I put bathtub and toilet can I put sink facing the toilet? that may be my only option but I think it's unusual. was thinking maybe a floating sink so I don't use more floor space and it looks airier but don't I need storage in a bathroom?

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 9:50 am
amother wrote:
that's my problem. the bathroom is narrow and small. cant figure out the layout. if I put bathtub and toilet can I put sink facing the toilet? that may be my only option but I think it's unusual. was thinking maybe a floating sink so I don't use more floor space and it looks airier but don't I need storage in a bathroom?

What are your measurements? I can measure mine for you.

zgp

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 11:15 am
amother wrote:

We just did this. I put in a slightly smaller bath and a floating sink, hanging toilet. It looks amazing. To make it feel bigger, use big, shiny, light colored tiles.

teachkids

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 11:16 am
Depending on the rest of your bathrooms, would it make sense to put just a shower stall in this bathroom instead of a full bath? That could save you a significant amount of room. You need some storage, but how much again depends on what this bathroom is serving. Is it a guest bathroom near your living room or a master bathroom or a kid's bathroom?
You could try shelves above your toilet for storage.

Amarante

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 11:52 am
If this isn't your only bathroom, get rid of the tub and install a nice walk in shower.

I would find a good kitchen/bath designer who would help with maximizing the layout. I would then post the layout on the houzz.com forums because there are people who are extremely helpful in every aspect of a remodel including helping optimize the best possible layout. I am currently remodeling and posting on there for input has provide me with invaluable advice. And just reading the threads is a real education. You just don't know what you don't know until you start learning.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 11:52 am
There are shorter bathtubs, like this one which is 54" long instead of 60": https://www.menards.com/main/b.....5.htm

amother
Black

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 3:15 pm
the available space is 60" wide by 5' deep. I probably have to put the sink outside. also, it's the kids bathroom so need full tub.
if anyone cares to share pics, please do so.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 4:06 pm
60X60 will just fit a 30X60 bathtub and a toilet. 30" wide is the minimum width for a toilet according to most building codes. After putting in a door you won't have much room left.

You can hang a bath towel on the door and possibly you can utilize in-the-wall storage — if you have an interior wall with no plumbing, and sometimes depending on what's on the other side of the wall — like this broom niche I designed for a small kitchen, which in a bathroom would be deep enough for shampoos, soaps, and many other toiletries:

or this built-in open shelving, where we borrowed an inch or two from a utility closet on the other side of the wall:

amother
Black

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 6:42 pm
thank you for your ideas, rubber ducky. I'll take these ideas under consideration. the door is a separate part of the bathroom that's not included in the 62x60.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics