Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Birthday bash for 1 year old

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 4:03 pm
need ideas please! never hosted a birthday party before... doing this in honor of kids nurses & therapists & no clue how to go about it...

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 4:28 pm
Keep it simple. You can make/buy a Happy Birthday banner to hang up, have a balloon or two if you want, and/or party hats, and serve cake or cupcakes on cute paper plates with some drinks. Call it for a non meal time so the guests won't be expecting real food, but you can put out some fruit if you want to be nice.

Your child is turning one. It's a milestone, but he/she won't remember it so this is for you more than for the kid. Don't go overboard or overextend yourself.

DrMom

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 4:57 pm
Does a 1-year-old need a "bash?"

Keep it simple.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 10:20 pm
DrMom wrote:
Does a 1-year-old need a "bash?"

Keep it simple.

I don't have in mind an over the top party. I understand that my subject line through you off. please read my op though.
we are inviting professionals as a kind of 'thank you' party. what is standard? do we need to provide anything other then food? do a guest book? give a souvenir?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 10:24 pm
My idea of a one year party is taking pictures of my baby smashing a cupcake. That said, why don’t you just make a regular party with normal party food and just make it a little kid theme? Like buy first birthday plates and balloons and whatever, and make salads and normal food and a dessert buffet.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 10:25 pm
amother wrote:
I don't have in mind an over the top party. I understand that my subject line through you off. please read my op though.
we are inviting professionals as a kind of 'thank you' party. what is standard? do we need to provide anything other then food? do a guest book? give a souvenir?

A picture of your daughter, with a nice thank you message would be appropriate as a souvenir. The extra mile would be donations in their honor to the hospital.

Enjoy your event. Many happy healthy years ahead!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics